TASS was established in March 1992 just after the collapse of Somali central government; and it is one of the most successful and consistent community based, non-profit, humanitarian and development NGO in Somalia. TASS is legally registered organization in both Puntland and Federal government of Somalia and it has been involved in relief aid, rehabilitation, and development programs in various sectors: Education, Health, Rural Development, livelihood, good Governance, Protection and Emergency relief.
LOCATION: Garowe and Galkaio with frequent travel to program sites
SCOPE OF THE ROLE: Reports to Project Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: Education Mobilizers
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY: |
- Conduct surveys and assessments in the project target schools and provide feedback and suggestions for the implementation of the project.
- Establish and maintain productive work relationship and coordinate activities with respective REO/DEO through engaging the project MOE focal point.
- Conduct meetings and trainings for other members of the provincial education team, RASCC members, head teachers and teachers for developing their capacity in implementing project activities.
- Facilitates and strategizes to effectively and efficiently implement planned activities and initiate onsite interaction with targeted communities.
- Prepares and updates activity reports.
- Assists the Project manager in providing quality and timely technical inputs and support
- Assists the Project Manager in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual project reports and budget.
- Conducts regular monitoring and evaluation of project plans, activities and targets.
- Takes personal responsibility and holds others accountable for delivering project goals for children, continually improving their own performance or that of the team.
- Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice throughout the project implementation.
- Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives
- Perform any other tasked duties within the organization.
- He/she may report to project manager who will compile and verify the report and share with program Coordinator
Competence, experience, skills, knowledge needed
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in humanitarian and development aid with teacher training experience.
- University degree in education, social Science, or any other related field.
- Familiarity with interagency education in emergency INEE minimum standards.
- Experience in DRR would be an asset.
- Experience in the child safeguarding guidelines and policies.
- Proven strong knowledge of implementing education in emergency projects.
- Ability to work independently.
- High analytical and solution-oriented thinking
- Relevant experience in fragile context and community mobilization
- Knowledge of EiE, is a requirement
- Good knowledge of Bay region and Mai dialect is an asset.
How to Apply
Please forward your Cover letter and CV to email@example.com on or before 27th Dec 2020 with the subject line as application for the position of Education Project manager-Bosaso