Education Project Officer (GPE-MCA) – Beledweyne – Somali Nationals Only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
SCOPE OF ROLE:**
Reports to: Education Project Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post:** None
Budget Responsibilities: N/A
Country Dimensions: Save the Children has been working in Somalia for more than 60 years. The Country Office has over 500 staff across 14 field offices (Boroma, Burao and Hargeisa in Somaliland; Bosasso, Garowe, Galkayo and Gardo in Puntland; Beletweyne, Adaado, Abudwak, Baidoa, Kismayo, Dhobley and Mogadishu in Central South Somalia). Our Country Office coordination and administration base is in Nairobi, Kenya. In 2017, as a result of significant scale up for the countrywide drought response, our annual spend FY2017 was US$117 million and we reached more than 2 million people through our humanitarian and longer term development work in Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Child Protection and Child Rights Governance. The Country Office manages 61 active awards totalling US$165 million from a range of governmental/institutional donors, including DFID, ECHO, EU, FFP, OFDA, and DANIDA being some of our largest.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or Bachelor degree in education or a related field with additional training in education planning and management and project planning and management techniques
- Knowledge of current national international strategies on access, equity, and quality education policies and models
- Recommended a minimum of 3 three years of relevant experience in similar position in implementing developmental education project.
- Experience of working with local/national governments and capacity building of systems, partners and staff
- Ability to write quality narrative donor reports
- Good interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Somali.
- Sensitive to issues affecting children and committed to Save the Children’s Education and child safeguarding policies.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
Application will be closed on 1st August 2020
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bGZhcmFoLjM4MDg5LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZ…