|Position: Education Project Manager|| |
TASS was established in March 1992 just after the collapse of Somali central government; and it is one of the most successful and consistent community based, non-profit, humanitarian and development NGO in Somalia. TASS is legally registered organization in both Puntland and Federal government of Somalia and it has been involved in relief aid, rehabilitation, and development programs in various sectors: Education, Health, Rural Development, livelihood, good Governance, Protection and Emergency relief.
|SCOPE OF ROLE: Reports to: Project Coordinator|
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY: |
- Oversee timely delivery of all program deliverables under the TASS managed project funded by UNHCR.
- Prepare detailed action plans (activity and budget plans) and implement upon approval by Program Manager.
- Ensure that program is implemented in accordance with the approved work plans and the involvement of partners and concerned stakeholders at all levels.
- Ensure that project/program monitoring, and evaluation system/tools are applied and program progress (activities and outputs), results and immediate objectives (outcomes) and impacts are systematically tracked, documented and shared as appropriate on the basis of TASS and donors’ requirements.
- Travels to project sites and conduct regular monitoring of schools together with project team.
- Organize quarterly and bi-annual (as required) project review meetings involving all stakeholders and ensure that planning/implementation of projects are informed by the outcomes of the reviews.
- Provide technical assistance to Project officers and Education Mobilizers.
- Ensure effective community participation and utilization of local resources for project implementation and sustainability.
- Report to Programme Manager on any irregularities or obstacles which may hamper the implementation of the project
- Prepare training materials and programs with assistance of the Education Provincial Manager other staff and the Provincial CBE Officers according to the program needs
- In consultation with project staff and local partners prepare project budgets and submits to Program Manager for approval.
- Assist project officers in producing project cash forecast monthly and manage project budgets as per TASS minimum standards and donors’ requirements.
- Monitor program budget utilization (budget/expenditure) against project implementation progress (variance reports) and propose necessary adjustments/justification and/or actions.
- Manage the program staff; define expectations, provide leadership, and support as needed, and evaluate direct reports regularly.
- Manage and provide leadership to program staff in accordance with the terms and conditions of TASS.
- Apply performance management system in line with TASS guidelines and minimum standards with program staff under his/her supervision.
- Identify program staff performance gaps and plan appropriate actions.
- Ensure that program staff understand and can adapt their roles and responsibilities in both emergency and development contexts.
- Establish planning, review and feedback mechanisms for program staff members.
Coordination and Collaboration
- Ensure that the project is implemented in close coordination with TASS’s and other actors’ education projects.
- Establish good working relationship with respective Ministries of Education and their offices.
Report Preparation and Submission
- Ensure timely program monitoring reports are produced and submitted to Program Manager for action.
- Together with the program staff and finance/grant staff verify completeness/ appropriateness of partners’ financial report.
- Provide technical support to local partners and government offices in order for them to prepare and submit required reports.
- Prepare timely and high-quality program progress and completion reports that meet donor requirements.
- Ensure active involvement and participation of beneficiaries and relevant stakeholders in the process of program monitoring.
Competence, experience, skills, knowledge needed
- Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field with additional training in education planning and management and project planning and management techniques
- Substantial experience (at least five years) in planning and management of primary, education programmes in INGOs and LNGOs in Somalia
- Relevant trainings in the area of education project management, and monitoring
- Experience of working with local/national governments and capacity building of systems, partners and staff
- Ability to extensively travel for project monitoring and provide on-site technical support to field teams
- Good interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Experience in planning/undertaking assessments and surveys in the area of education
- Strong knowledge and experience in implementing/applying M&E frameworks (systems and tools) for (primary education.
- Good experience in working at grass root level including teachers, CECs, children, REOs, DEOs, and local implementing partners
- Conversant with girls’ education issues, teacher training, learner- centered/friendly teaching methodologies, lesson planning, school pedagogical activities, school co-curricular activities, school EMIS and management etc
- Good understanding and experience in child rights programming approaches
- Conversant with National Education Policies and strategies relevant to education
- Good skills and experience in writing monitoring and project progress rep
- Ability to work independently.
How to apply
TASS is inviting applications from qualified/Motivated candidates who are interested to submit their CVs and cover letters explaining, how they meet Job description. Applications are accepted from 8th to 19th August, 2021. Applications later than 19th August will be disregarded.
Each application should be addressed to the HR account: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as application for the position of Education Project officer and indicate the location