|JOB TITLE: Education Project Coordinator -Accelerated Funding|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: GPE Program Management Unit||LOCATION: Mogadishu with frequent travel to regional states|
|GRADE: 3||TYPE OF CONTRACT: National|
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING:Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.|
|ROLE PURPOSE:The project coordinator will ensure the effective implementation and supervision of project activities in the regional states for the GPE funded accelerated program.|
|• SCOPE OF ROLE: Reports to: GPE accelerated funding project manager.• Staff directly reporting to this post: GPE accelerated funding project officer.|
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:1 Project Implementation|
· Prepare detailed action plans (activity and budget plans) at the states level and implement upon approval by the line manager.
· Ensure that the accelerated project is implemented in accordance with the approved work plans and the involvement of partners and concerned stakeholders at all levels.
· Ensure that project/program monitoring and evaluation system/tools are applied and project progress (activities and outputs), results and immediate objectives (outcomes) and impacts are systematically tracked, documented and shared as appropriate on the basis of SC and donors’ requirements.
· Provide technical assistance to state level MoEs, teachers and CEC through mentoring, developing standards monitoring/supervision tools, guidelines and trainings and other mechanisms to ensure quality of primary education
2 Budgeting and Financial Management
3 Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
· Support the project team in participatory monitoring and evaluation of project activities, ensuring the participation of children and their communities.
· Ensure that the project quality benchmark is achieved.
4 Advocacy & Institutional Learning
· Participate in the critical review of project activities and in the identification and documentation of lessons learnt.
· Participate in the documentation and dissemination of learning, both internally and externally, to ensure that good practice is understood by all.
5 Staff Management & Human Resource Development
· Provide effective line management to the project officer, in accordance with standing programme policies and procedures.
|COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURSDelivering Results (Skilled)|
· Delivers timely and appropriate results using available resources
· Takes responsibility for their work and its impact on others
· Plans, prioritises and performs tasks well without needing direct supervision
· Understands the link between their work and the organisation’s objectives
Developing Self and Others (Skilled)
· Shows awareness of their strengths and limitations and actively takes responsibility for their development
· Seeks out feedback to understand their areas for improvement
· Actively shares knowledge and experiences with others
Problem Solving & Decision Making (Skilled)
· Gathers the right information and uses critical thinking to make effective and timely decisions
· Knows when to involve others in a decision
· Simplifies processes and procedures wherever possible
Applying Technical & Professional Expertise (Skilled)
· Delivers work that reflects a good knowledge and application of technical and professional standards
· Keeps up to date with trends in their work area
· Maintains ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with relevant codes of conducts
Working Effectively With Others (Skilled)
· Actively listens to new and different perspectives and experiences of those they work with
· Proactively supports team members and trusts their capabilities
· Demonstrates understanding of their skills and how they complement those of others within diverse teams and groups
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCEEssential|
· A degree in Education, Social Science, Childhood Development, community Development is requirement for this position, a diploma with more than 4 years of working experience in similar integrated programming on education, CP and DRR.
· Minimum of 4 years’ experience in working with international NGO’s on education and CP related work is mandatory for this position.
· Proven Knowledge of the minimum standards of Education and Child protection is requirement for this position.
· Proven ability to manage a programme including management of human and material resources.
· Ability to produce analytical and well-presented project reports and proposals.
· Ability to communicate and maintain tactful relations with relevant local authorities in politically and culturally sensitive environments.
· Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties.
· Flexible, adaptable, able to improvise and work in stressful, volatile environment.
· Experience of supervising and motivating field staff.
· Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
· Representational and advocacy skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Somali.
· Sensitive to issues affecting children and committed to Save the Children’s Education policy.
· Strong commitment to children and their right to and need for education and protection.
· Strong training capacity for duty-bearers and right-holders
· Knowledge of technical report writing and communication skills.
· Knowledge of Child Friendly education and/or Learner Centred Teaching
· Ability to meet deadlines.
· Knowledge of psychosocial approaches and disaster risk interventions.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description,
Or Please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs or you can apply directly using the link below:
Application Deadline: The Advert closes on 18-May- 2020
|Date of issue: 29th April 2020 Author:|