Education Project Assistant – (2000007U)
Title: Education Project Assistant-National Only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
SCI will undertake third phase of the UNHCR funded project “Provision of Education Assistance to Refugees and Asylum Seekers in Bossaso, Gardo, Garowe, Galkaio”. The implementation cycle will endure from 1st January -31st December, 2020 with intension to address the educational needs of 2,850 refugees and asylum seekers children, thus, SCI intends to recruit an Education Project Assistant. The post holder will support the planning process, implementation and monitoring of SCI education projects to promote safe and quality learning environment, supportive schools and communities that increase vulnerable and marginalized children’s participation in education, their retention and transition into formal education.
- Daily Monitoring
Daily Monitoring of partnered schools to assess enrolled situation and receive a full view of the issues facing an individual student, group or entire community at school surrounding. Social workers should use 75% of their time in schools while remaining 25% can use in the office for drafting their reports and taking part daily project team meetings and during their stay in schools’ social workers should make sure checking the following areas:
- Students daily attendance registers in partnered schools
- Teaching methodologies in partnered schools
- Education inclusiveness in partnered schools
- hygiene and sanitation in schools in partnered schools
2) Tracking and Follow ups
The holder of this position should track pending case and reporting updated information on children being tracked that might have been absent from school with receiving additional information from RASCC, schools head teachers.
3) Controlling effective learning in the school
The holder of this position is expected to sure refugees & asylum seekers children receive effective learning and receive necessary scholastic materials.
4) Controlling school adherence to SCI Child safeguarding
The holder of this position should observe and report how school management is adhering and implementing of Save the Children’s safeguarding principles.
5) Supporting school based child clubs
The holder of this position is tasked to work closely with school based child clubs and support in their action planning and implementation of their school based plans
6) Identification and reporting all forms of child rights violations
The holder of this position should report all acts of intimidation or harassment or violations to SCI in appropriate manner.
7) Community and awareness and sensitization
The holder of this position should undertake community awareness and sanitization at registration and refugees and asylum seekers centres and settlements at beginning of new academic year and The holder of this position should give all necessary information to refugees’ families about free education assistance that SCI provides.
8) Registration and distribution Activities
The holder of this position should undertake necessary verification of refugees and asylum seekers children to eligible scholastic materials scholastic materials through cash.
9) Coordination with Refugees & Asylum Seekers Community committee (RASCC)
The holder of this position is expected to have daily and weekly coordination and communication with RASCC on all matters related children education and arrangement of children transportation in particular to/from schools and assign children pick up stations and controlling drivers, and transporting buses working hours.
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Education or related field with minimum 2 years of relevant field experiences
- Experience of working with Refugees and Asylum seekers community’s communities at grass-root level
- Ability to read and write in English as well as the national language
- Computer skills, with focus on word processing and excel
- Strong morals viz. honesty, open and transparency, generosity, altruism and respect
- Experience in working in harsh environment require for additional time as per supervise guideline
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in diverse teams
The Application will close 20th January,2020
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents