TASS was established in March 1992 just after the collapse of Somali central government; and it is one of the most successful and consistent community based, non-profit, humanitarian and development NGO in Somalia. TASS is legally registered organization in both Puntland and Federal government of Somalia and it has been involved in relief aid, rehabilitation, and development programs in various sectors: Education, Health, Rural Development, livelihood, good Governance, Protection and Emergency relief.
LOCATION: Bosaso with frequent travel to program sites
SCOPE OF THE ROLE: Reports to Project Manager
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY: Project Implementation|
- Create durable relations with communities and RASCC through regular meetings and discussions for identifying and addressing education needs and issues for the targeted refugees, asylum seekers and returnees.
- He/she will spend approximately 85% of his/her working time in the field. Each community/target should be visited once a week or more as needed.
- Assist the community members and elders in addressing the promotion of girl’s education through community engagement and proposing alternative solutions.
- Ensure the registration certificates of the learners provided by UNHCR.
- Conduct campaigns for raising awareness about improvement of girl’s education and their further participation in education through RASCC in cooperation with media.
- Collects relevant data and information necessary for program and project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Assist children with protection concerns to service providers through referral pathway.
- Report any likelihood child protection in project target schools.
- Increase the enrollment rate of the project target beneficiaries through engaging communities and utilizing the media outlet Performs any other duties and tasks commensurate with the responsibilities and level of the post.
- He/she may report to project officer who will compile and verify the report and share with project manager.
- Have basic understanding in Education in Emergencies
- Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma in Humanity (Educational administration, Business administration, Community development etc.) or equivalent
- Work Experience not less than 3 years
- Computer software literate (Ms. Word, Ms. Excel, Ms. Power point, etc.)
- Good report writing skills;
- Good in English Language
How to Apply
Please forward your Cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 27th Dec 2020 with the subject line as application for the position of Education Project manager-Bosaso