|Position Title:||Vacancy: Driver|
|Programme:||Road Infrastructure Programme Somalia|
|Reporting to:||The Administration Officer|
|Duration||12 Months (depending on satisfactory or better performance)|
|Duty Station||Puntland Ministry of Public Works, Housing and Transport (MOPWHT)|
Starting Day: 6 Oct 2019
Closing Date: 20 Oct 2019
The Puntland Ministry of Public Works, Housing and Transport (MoPWH&T) is implementing the Road Infrastructure Programme Somalia, funded by the AfDB through the FGS MPWRH. The developmental objective of the programme is to support Somalia’s economic growth by providing enhanced transport facilities that are reliable and cost effective and to improve connectivity, accessibility and transportation of goods, persons and service thereby supporting economic and social development as well as stability of the country as a whole. Further, the programme aims to improve the management of the road sector at the national and regional levels by reinforcing the capacities of federal and regional institution that manage road infrastructure.
To carry out the programme, the Ministry of Public Works, Housing and Transport is seeking to employ a driver, who will support the management of the Road Infrastructure Programme Team in provision of reliable and safe driving services by driving office vehicles for the transport of programme staff, other high-ranking officials and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items,.
The driver will directly report to the administration officer of the Road Infrastructure Programme
The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to the Infrastructure Expert, and other programme staff and visitors ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, and excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Upon the request of the supervisor, the Driver can be also required to provide driving services to the operations and programme staff in the Sub Offices, consultants and experts on mission, but this will not be the predominant function of the post.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services
- Keeps abreast of traffic and road and security and safety awareness to enable safe and on time arrival for meetings;
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes and water levels, car washing, etc so that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times;
- Ensures proper use of vehicle maintenance plans and assistance in preparing vehicle history report;
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- Keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities;
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident;
- Knowledge and Experience:
- Can read and write
- Valid driver’s license.
- At least 7 years of work experience as a driver with a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions, and defensive driving skills
- Skill in minor vehicle repairs
The Puntland Ministry of Public Works, Housing and Transport (MoPWH&T) is inviting applications from qualified/Motivated candidates who are interested to submit their CVs and cover letters explaining, how they meet Job description. Each application should be addressed to the HR account: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 20 Oct 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted