Under the supervision of the Officer In Charge & Operations Officer and the overall guidance of the WR Somalia, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. Instructions are normally given on an ad hoc basis, routine duties are carried out according to the established schedule; fulfillment of assignment is checked upon return to the office.
Summary of assigned duties: The duties are, but not limited to:
- Drives office vehicles for transport of authorized personnel to different destinations, including field visits. Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, assisting with basic visa and customs formalities arrangements, as required.
- Delivery/collection and customs clearance of official incoming and outgoing pouches and transportation of documents, hand-delivery of mail, parcels and other heavy items to or from UN Agencies, Ministries, Embassies, Universities, airport, etc.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle, checks fuel, oil, battery, breaks, tyres, etc. Performs minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, ensures the proper functioning and cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Logs official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Procures minor supplies for WR’s Office, obtaining invoices for local purchase and arranges to pay office telephone and other bills, as required.
- Performs messengerial services within the office, if needed and perform other related duties.
Achievement activities include:
- Services rendered in a timely and accurate manner and office car well maintained.
- Maintaining all the required documents/supplies up to date; including vehicle insurance, license, registration, logs, office directory, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- Following the steps required by WHO rules and regulations in case of involvement in an accident.
Knowledge and Skills
- Basic mechanical knowledge and skills in operating and maintaining different types of vehicles.
- Good knowledge of the topography of the country and full proficiency in local traffic regulations.
- Proven ability to deal with clients with tact and respect for diversity.
Completion of secondary education or equivalent. Must possess a valid professional driving license for light and heavy-duty vehicles.
At least two years of professional experience in driving cars.
Your application should be sent to the address below indicating the position applied in the subject by close of business Wednesday 12 February 2020. It should include a cover letter & detailed CV (as one document) with your contact details.
sent by email to: