Particip is looking for a Drama and Story Writer to join a team of experts in the provision of innovative strategic communications and public relations services to the Federal Government of Somalia, Ministry of Finance.
The project will be expected to deliver, at a minimum, the following:
- Design a strategic communications plan for the Ministry regarding effective management of communication issues and opportunities within the reforms
- Develop and publish targeted information about the economic and financial reforms policies, programs and services on a quarterly basis.
- Deliver high quality and inclusive national events to raise awareness of economic reforms, particularly, revenue generation, budgeting and expenditure across Federal Member States; An event every 6 months is required.
- Organize international stakeholder engagement events to raise awareness with the Diaspora and to mobilize resources for government priorities in major cities; Monitor and advise on Ministry website management and content.
Position: Drama and Story Writer
Expected project duration: 18 months
Place of posting: Somalia
Expected start date: April 2020
Duties: The responsibilities of the drama and story writer will include to assess the project activities and select stories that will interest the audience, creation of compelling contents for social media and project success stories, script writing, enhancing and strengthening the ministry brand through excellent storytelling and ideation. Produce video drama for awareness of economic reforms, revenue mobilizations, raising and provide training courses on reporting to the project team. Provide advice and support to the management, develop strategies that aim to bridge the gap between the public and the ministry through stories, facilitate the production of poetry, drama and songs for community engagement and public participation.
- At least minimum of 10 years’ experience in media.
- Degree in journalism or equivalent.
- Excellent in Somali and English oral and written.
- Proven record of scriptwriting, professional in drama and story writing for both radio and TV.
- Must have good experience in working with local and international media companies.
- Good listening skills and significant understanding of Somali culture and values.
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to design and shape effective and engaging stories that will deliver the message.
We look forward to your application. Please note that only candidates suitable to this position will be contact.
Please submit your application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org