SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 135 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir Bay/Bakool Regoins.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below position one position.
Job Title: Doctor- Obstetrician and Gynecologist (1 Position)
Location: Heliwa, Mogadishu
The Obstetrician and gynecologist (obs/gyns) is a full time job within the SOS Hospital.
The doctor focuses on women’s health. He is responsible for general medical care for
Women, but also provide care related to pregnancy and the reproductive system. He will
Be concerned with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of general health problems,
But focus on ailments specific to the female anatomy, such as breast and cervical
Cancer, urinary tract and pelvic disorders, and hormonal disorders.
Report to: Doctor in charge of maternity
Key Area of responsibility:
Provide Consultation and Advice to Patients
- Providing guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on
Technical, systems-, or process-related topics
- Counsel patients concerning diet
- Prescribe or recommend drugs and other forms of treatment
Participate in gynecological operations and other emergency operations
- The employee will collaborate for all acute and elective MCC admissions to the
- Perform caesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve
Patients’ health and deliver babies safely.
- Manage maternity wards both antenatal and postnatal
- Manage obstetric emergencies for inpatient and outpatient
- Manage emergency cases
- Prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialized medical care
to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
Performing Administrative Activities
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files
- Order medical laboratory tests
- Prepare patient reports
- Prepare required reports
- The employee will be responsible for maintaining clear daily case records on all
Maternal inpatients and outpatients, and prepare discharge summaries.
- Promptly and results of investigations are actioned promptly.
- To participate in the regular departmental meetings.
Promotes Good Relationships with External Bodies
- Develops good relationships with external bodies who may provide financial, material
- or logistical support for the Clinic. This includes local health authorities, public and
private health-care workers, and health / child care NGOs such as UNICEF.
Qualification & Experience
- The desirable candidate must have Bachelor’s degree in medicine & Surgery.
- Experience in providing BEMONC, CEMONC, Child health, communicable diseases and none communicable diseases in a busy hospital or referral health centre.
- 4-5 years’ experience working in a busy CEMONC services offering hospital
- Demonstrated competency in staff capacity building.
- Ability to provide quality maternal, sexual, reproductive and maternal health
- Experience working with patient management software
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities
- Ability to manage and work with teams
- Proficiency in computer (Ms Word, internet, office, excel, power point)
- People skills such as problem solving & handling conflict
- Report writing skills
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understands his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe.
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 24th December, 2019
Competent Female candidates are encourage to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.