CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the District Medical/Health officer (DPHO) and technically report to the Regional Public Health Officer. The District Medical/Health officer (DPHO) will be responsible for all the public health related activities at the district level, and will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Be an active member of the district health management team supporting detection, protection and prevention of communicable diseases and response to public health emergencies.
- Ensure effective functioning of integrated disease surveillance and response (IDSR) system, for detection, investigation and response to the 14 priority epidemic prone diseases including AFP surveillance, measles, COVID-19, Acute Watery Diarrhoea/cholera, VPDs and coordinate the implementation of integrated disease surveillance and response (IDSR) at District level.
- Continue working for improvement of routine immunization and support polio eradication activities.
- Regularly monitor the quality and promote the use of surveillance data in the district(s) of responsibility.
- Organize and facilitate capacity building activities at the district level, including planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of public health programmes.
- As part of the District Health Management Team (DHMT), participate in supervision visits to the health facilities and community-based activities in the district.
- In close collaboration with DHMT, ensure effective coordination with stakeholders at the district level.
- Support the District Health Management Team (DHMT) in development, implementation and monitoring of annual or periodic district health micro-plan for routine immunization, public health emergencies and/or campaigns including vaccination campaigns.
- Work closely with District Health Management Team (DHMT) in preparation of emergency preparedness and response plans aligned to the National emergency response plan.
- As part of the district emergency rapid response team; assess respective response actions including sample collection and shipment, report and respond accordingly in close coordination with all the stakeholders under the guidance of MoH.
- Support District Health Management Team (DHMT) in ensuring effective delivery of essential package of health services at different levels.
- Support collection, dissemination and timely reporting of health-related data to district health management team and regional public health officer.
- Perform any other duties that might be assigned by the supervisor.
- Communicating in a credible way.
- Ability to transfer skills and knowledge to others and ensures objectives are met; mentors’ colleagues to achieve results.
- Maintains integrity and takes a clear ethical approach and stance; is accountable for work carried out in line with own role-and-responsibilities.
- Works collaboratively with team members and counterparts to achieve results.
- Ability to share information openly with colleagues and transfers knowledge, as needed.
- Encourages and motivates colleagues to achieve individual and team’s objectives.
- Manages stress positively; remains positive and productive even under pressure.
- Acts proactively and stimulates action as needed.
- Quickly and effectively adapts own work approach in response to new demands and changing priorities.
- Sets and re-sets priorities in response to unexpected circumstances.
- Maintains confidentiality and treats sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Essential: A bachelor’s degree Health, social sciences, or related health fields.
- Desirable: A certificate or degree in program management.
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience in the field of immunization, epidemiology, or another health-related field. Experience with working for INGO and NGOs required. Previous experience in the Polio Program is an asset.
- The officer MUST be from the local area and have good working relationship with the authorities and good social relationship with the community and elders. Must be able to move around the assigned district with no restrictions.
- Computer literacy, including working knowledge of MS Office.
- Knowledge of the Open Data Kit (ODK) platform.
- Report writing skills.
The vacancies will be located in 120 Districts:
Abdul Aziz, Abudwaq, Adado, Adale, Aden Yabal, Afgoi, Afmadow, Ainabo, Alula, Awdhegle, B/Gubadle, Badade, Badan, Baidoa, Balad, Baki, Balad, Balanbale, Bardale, Bardera, Bargaal, Belet Weyne, Bender bayla, Berbera, Bondhere, Borama, Bosaso, Brawa, Bualle, Buhodle, Bulahawa, Bulo burte, Buqaqable, Burao, Burdubo, Burhakaba, Burtinle, Dangeryo, Daynile, Dhahar, Dharkeynley, Dinsoor, Dolo, Dusamareb, Eilfaweyn, Elbarde, Elbur, Elgaras, Elwak, Erigavo, Eyl, Gabiley, Galad, Galdogob, Gal-Hareri, Galinsor, Galkayu North, Galkayu South, Garbahare, Garowe, Gedweine, Guricel, Hafoon, Hagar, Hamar Jabjab, Hamar Weyne, Haradere, Hargeisa, Hawal wadag, Heliwa North, Heliwa South, Hobyo, Hodan, Hudun, Hudur, Iskushuban, Jalalaqsi, Jamame East, Jamame West, Jeriban, Jillib East, Jillib West, Jowhar, Kahda, Karan, Kismayu, Kurtunwarey, Lasanod, Lughaya, Luuq, Madina, Mahaday, Mahas, Mataban, Merka, Odweine, Qandala, Qansah Dere, Qardo, Qorioley, Rabdure, Rage Elle, Rakko, Runingod, Sablale, Sakowein, Salagle, Shangani, Sheik, Shibis, Taleh, Tieglow, Ufayn, Waberi, Waciya, Wajid, Wanlawayn, Wardegly, Warsheekh, Yaqshid, Zeila.
- ### Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide a letter of acceptance from a designated local authority of permission to work in the district and origin from those areas.
- ### Candidates must cite the district they are applying for in their cover letter, otherwise their application will be disqualified.
- ### Candidates can only apply for one district, otherwise their application will be disqualified.
How to Apply ( See Loo codsadaa).
Haddaa rabto inaad codsano, waxaad ku dhufataa Link-gaan (https://app.tayohr.io/jobs/detail/vac-6462-district-public-health-officer-5181) dabadeedna, waxayna ku gaynaysaa Bogga Hay’ada CTG. Dabadeedna, Halkaas ka doorataa Login and Apply … Halkaaska ka buuxi Online Application.