|دولة إقليم هير شبيليالصومالية|
HIRSHABELLE STATE OF SOMALIA
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
|Job Title:||District Education Officers|
|Ministry/ institution:||Ministry of Education and Higher Learning|
|Grade Level & Classification:||Grade 6|
|Reporting to:||Regional Education Officer|
|Hours:||36 hrs per week|
- Purpose of the position
District Education officers will liaise, inspect, the district principals, teachers, students, representatives of denominational schools, community groups and organizations, other Government Ministries and Donor Agencies in the district. Works in collaboration with the Regional Education Officer to ensure that schools are administered in a proper and efficient manner, Supervises and supports schools within the District and serves as liaison between the Ministry of Education and schools.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the District Education Office through monitoring and supervision of staff to ensure that the objectives of the District are met.
- Provides general supervision of instruction at schools by visiting each school at least twice per term to ensure effective delivery of the program of instruction.
- Intervenes on matters which may impact negatively on instruction or the general operation of the school by providing advice and guidance to ensure effective delivery of instruction in schools.
- Advises principals on matters of school administration and organization by maintaining appropriate dialogue and providing the relevant support needed to ensure quality in the school system.
- Train the principal and ensure the proper use on EMIS software
- Disseminate and reinforce the properly use for school registers, teacher lesson plans and scheme of work
- Prepare yearly district education report on projects performance, school performance, administration performance, teachers’ performance, students’ performance, enrolment rate, retention performance, school dropouts, education gaps and share proper time to REO
- Informs the Regional Education Officer of school issues and makes recommendations for action so that schools may operate more effectively.
- Assists schools in obtaining the necessary curricula, curriculum materials and other documents essential to the planning and effective delivery of instruction.
- Design, organize and implement district education advocacy to increase the enrolments
- Initiates, organizes and assists with the development and delivery of appropriate in-service and orientation training programmes for principals and staff to help strengthen the capacities to effectively manage instruction at schools.
- Develop, implement and evaluate a District Improvement Plan by collaborating with relevant stakeholders to ascertain that the District has a strategic focus that will assist in achieving the Ministry of Education’s goals and Objectives.
- Keeps a log of school visits, termly reports and annual progress reports on the officer’s program of activities and submits to the Regional Education Officer for sound decision making.
- Assists principals in formulating and evaluating annual performance objectives and plans by providing guidance and making the necessary recommendations for school development and improvement.
- Co-ordinates annual performance reviews of schools within the District through dialogue with principals and staff and submits reports to the Regional Education Officer for informed decision making.
- Works closely with other team members to prepare annual budget for the District by incorporating the yearly activities in order to adopt a clear understanding of what the District intends to achieve.
- Advises the Ministry on resources and other materials needed of schools to ensure that all schools have the required resources that will enhance the teaching/learning process resulting in order to achievement pre-set goals and objectives.
- Performs any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Regional Education Officer and the DG.
- Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or Bachelor degree in education with additional training in education planning and management and project planning and management techniques is desirable
- Knowledge of current national international strategies on access, equity, and quality education policies and models
- Recommended a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in education
- Relevant trainings in the area of education project management and monitoring
- A progressive attitude and professional manner.
- Sound decision-making skills including analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Sound leadership, managerial and supervisory skills.
- Ability to effectively manage and supervise the budget and activities/programmes of the District Education Office.
- Ability to motivate, counsel and mentor staff.
- Ability to effectively communicate Somali and English both orally and in writing.
How to apply(Follow the Following Steps)
- Go to http://hirshabelle-hrmis.com/jobs/apply/district-education-officer-moe-228
- Click on Download Application
- Fill the Downloaded Application
- Fill your name, email, Phone number in the Form
- Upload the downloaded application form that you have filled
- Click Submit.
Send your application no later than18Jan 2020
For any further clarification please firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application form should be sent as attachment in word format.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with
your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.