CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
|Job Title:||Director of Recruitment, Records and Coordination|
|Institution||Civil Service Commission|
|Reporting to:||Deputy Civil Service Commissioner|
|Hours:||36 per week|
|Deadline:||13th March 2020|
- Purpose of the position
This position is a senior operational position within the Secretariat of Galmudug State Civil Service Commission Office. The Civil Service Commission has been established to oversee the proper functioning of the Civil Service of GSS.
The Director of Recruitment Coordination will assist the Civil Service Commissioner and Deputy Commissioners in carrying out their responsibilities in relation to the recruitment of Civil Servants and coordinating the promotion or transfer of Civil Servants of GSS according to provisions of the GSS’s Civil Service Act and relevant regulations and instructions issued by the Civil Service Commission.
- Responsibilities & Duties
The Director of Recruitment Coordination is responsible for coordinating the recruitment, promotion and transfer of Civil Servants. The tasks to be undertaken by the Director of Recruitment Coordination include:
- Establish a record of civil service positions approved by the Commissioners, including position numbers, location, grade, and job descriptions.
- Liaise with Employing Authorities (GSS’s Ministries and Agencies) on their requirements to fill vacant positions, including:
- Verifying that each position notified by the Employing Authority for recruitment is a position in the record of approved civil service positions of the Employing Authority,
- Consulting with the Ministry of Finance to verify that financial provision has been made in the budget for the position, and
- Confirming that the position is vacant or the current occupant has notified his or her intention to leave the position.
- Prepare job descriptions for the vacant positions for approval by the Commissioners
- Prepare and place advertisements for the vacant positions to attract a wide range of suitable applicants
- Recommend the appointment of members of the Recruitment Committees for approval of the Commissioners.
- Receive and record applications for the vacant positions
- Coordinate and monitor meetings of the Recruitment Committee and keep records of decisions
- Arrange interviews of shortlisted candidates including deciding the time and place of interview, inviting candidates for interview and keeping a record of the interviews.
- Present the recommendations of the Recruitment Committee to the Commissioners for approval
- Implement the appointment or promotion decisions of the Commissioners, including:
- Issuing letters of appointment and contracts to new appointees, and administer the oath to new employees
- Issuing letters of promotion to existing employees who are promoted to a vacant position
- Receive requests from Employing Authorities or Employees for a transfer to another position including:
- Verifying that the position is a position in the record of approved civil service positions of the Employing Authority.
- Verifying that the Employee to be transferred meets the requirements set out in the job description for the position
- Making recommendations to the Commissioners
- Notifying the Employee and the Employing Authority of the decision of the Commissioners in relation to the proposed transfer.
- Notify the Director of Policy, Records and Merit Protection of all appointments, promotions and transfers to ensure that Personnel files of Civil Servants are kept up to date.
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports on Civil Service recruitment, promotion and transfer.
- Supervise the work of the staff of the Recruitment Coordination Unit,
- Carryout other tasks required in relation to the recruitment, promotion and transfer of Civil Servants.
- Qualifications and Training
- Understanding of the provisions of the Civil Service Commission Act and the Civil Service Act.
- Sound management skills.
- Training and experience in human resource management.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Word, internet, and Excel.
- Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resource Management or other relevant discipline is essential.
- Knowledge of the local community and able to communicate in local languages.
- Ability to collate and analyze complex information.
- Ability to disseminate detailed information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Tactful and polite with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills
- Ability to present information in a clear and logical way
- Honest and fair in applying rules
- Ability to be firm and assertive when required by circumstances.
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan and organize work, including special assignments in order to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to be proactive and work unsupervised
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Required Experience
The position requires at least 3years experience in a senior administrative role in human resource management.
- Performance Criteria
The incumbent is deemed to be performing the duties effectively when:
- Recruitment processes for vacant civil service posts are completed in a timely manner according to the procedures set out in the Civil Service Act and instructions issued by the Civil Service Commission, and are transparent and merit based.
- The Civil Service Commission maintains good relations with Employing Authorities and with the Ministry of Finance in relation to recruitment of Civil Servants.
- Records of recruitment, promotion and transfers are accurate and up to date.
- Regular reports are provided to the Civil Service Commissioners and disseminated to Ministries, Departments and senior management and are accurate and timely.
- The staff of the Unit perform their duties in a competent and timely manner.
HOW TO APPLY:Application form
Please download Application Form:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill the form and send to email@example.com, kindly indicate the position title and the Ministry/Institution on the subject line when you applying.
Female Candidates are strongly encouraged.
The selection process will begin as soon as possible after the closing date. Selected candidates will be invited to written Exam and an interview