Position: Deputy Director of Primary Health Care
|Reports To:||Director of Primary Health Care|
|Supervises:||BHOs of Middle Shabelle, Lower Shabelle, Hudur, Kismayo, Beletwein and Galgaduud|
The Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) is an independent, non-political humanitarian organizationthat was founded in April 1963 and was established with presidential decree No. 187 in 1965. It was then recognized by the ICRC in 1969 and in the same year became a member of the International Federation of the Red Cross and the Red Crescent societies.
The Somali Red Crescent Society is currently looking for a qualified candidate to fill the vacant position of Deputy Executive Director for Integrated Health Care.
|Overall Job Purpose|
Provide technical leadership, clear management guidance in the design, implementation and evaluation of an integrated primary care program, aimed at providing quality preventive, promotive and curative services to address the needs of the most vulnerable members of the community. Coordinate the development of program guidelines, work-plans and corresponding budgets focusing on health systems strengthening. Oversee the operations of out-patient and mobile outreach clinics in all Branches to ensure delivery of high-quality healthcare services such as maternal and child health, immunization, nutrition, health and hygiene promotion and epidemic response in line with SRSC strategic objectives and health program priorities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The deputy director of primary health care, spends 75% of his/her time on the field
- The deputy director provides branch health officers with support on their clinic supervision, monitoring and evaluation
- The deputy director provides field trip reports where he/she states finding and recommendations
- The deputy director provides feedback on the work done by branch health officer and clinic staff
- The deputy director ensures to provide daily information about vaccination issues on the ground
- The deputy director follows up with Branch health officer on the leave plan of the different branches
- The deputy director supports the branch health officer and clinics staff on disaster management and developing a plan
- The deputy director ensures focal point for EWARN is entering data
- The deputy director along with Branch health officer provides onsite training to pharmacist for the PHC Imprest
- The deputy director is in charge of implementation and follow up of ALMANACH
- Work very closely with ICRC on the improvement of the health promotion capacity building (dramatizations) and better provision of the health promotion messages
- Work very close with reproductive health manager and ICRC on reinforcing the link between FCHW and clinics (health promotion, danger signs, SV and fistula
- Responsible for the relaunching of Community health committees
- Main Responsibilities & tasks
- Facilitates the implementation and is monitoring the health programs
- Monitors and evaluates on site clinic activities
- Orients, supervises and advises Health staff
- Advises on the orientation of operations
- Participates in the decision-making process of the SRCS when it comes to health-related issues
- Writes reports and statistics according to established procedures and institutional tools
- Ensures that the information flow within the SRCS is organized and maintained
Primary Health Care
- In close communication and coordination with the director of PHC, participates in the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of strategies as defined by the SRCS health strategy
- Periodically informs the line superior on the progress, challenges and difficulties of implementing the program.
- Ensure to maintain the community projects strategy in line with the SRCS strategy on community projects.
- Advises the PHC team on public health strategies to be implemented in the organization of curative and preventive health activities.
- Advises and supports the SRCS PHC team in the analysis of information and the decision-taking process related to health activities and programs.
· Post-Graduate qualifications or equivalent professional practice in Public Health/Community Health, Medicine, Nursing, Community Development, PublicAdministration, Social Sciences. Priority will be given to candidate with health promotion background
· Minimum 10 years relevant experience in a humanitarian or development organization. At least 3 years in senior management with experience in public/community health, finance and human resources,
- Demonstrating consistency in upholding integrity and ethics
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to the fundamental principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Team leader with demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computer office packages word, excel, power point
- Demonstrate openness to change & ability to manage complexities
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills and ability to manage intergroup dynamics and mediate conflicting interests
- Excellent writing skills, analytical capacity to synthesize project outputs and findings for the preparation of quality program reports
- Maturity & confidence in dealing with senior and high-ranking officials Remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of views.
Demonstrate proficiency in Somali and English languages
Qualified candidates are invited to send their updated CV, cover letter, and copy of their certificates to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications: 18/ 12/ 2019