IBS Bank is a sharia compliant commercial bank licensed by the Central Bank of Somalia. The Bank’s mission is to be a trans-formative financial solutions provider for a better society, and has a vision to be the leading and innovative international Islamic Financial Institution (IFI). As a peoples’ bank, it positions itself as an attractive place to work in.
THE POSITION: Database Support Administrator
The IBS bank requires to fill for the Position of Database Support Administration
Position: Database Support Administrator
Job type: Full time
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform work under the direct supervision of project management as well as senior and principle database administrators
- Check and monitor the database server Scheduled tasks and take the necessary steps by consulting with the Database Administrator to resolve the case.
- Prepare a weekly Backup Reports and submit them to the Audit Department.
- Prepare a monthly Backup/Restore operation report and submit the result to the Audit Department.
- Take backup of the production database before the End of Day/Month/Year operation is performed by the IT Applications Department.
- Familiarity with Programming and Integration protocols i.e Java,Rest API,Soap Api and JSON
- Install and configure the required TEST/UAT environments as required.
- Provide support to all banking Systems
- Provide support to core banking application users
- Experience in Java and/or Python for at least 1 year with a project or system to show.
- Experience in relational databases preferably MS-SQL,PostgreSQL and/or Oracle.
- Skill and knowledge on Hardware and Software Operating Systems (Windows/LINUX) Experience in mobile development is a plus.
- Perform other work as assigned to ensure the success of the team.
Qualification and skills sought
- Bachelor Degree in IT and computer Science related preferably from a recognized university will be desired, or its equivalent with at least 2 years’ experience in IT
- Good command of English language
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in IT and Database Administration experience
- IT proficiency will be an added advantage
- Good command of English and Somali languages
Competency and Personal attributes
- Team work – Commitment and ability to work with and in cross functional and virtual teams with the Business Units, coupled with ability for straight talking
- Communication – Effectively and concisely communicate key issues and ideas through correspondences and verbally without supervision. Interface with various departments effectively to ensure timely delivery of MI in agreement with SLAs in place
- Innovation–Generate new efficient processes and create appealing and cutting edge analysis
- Time management & planning – Ability to juggle priorities, multi- task and execute at speed individually and as part of a team
If you believe you meet the above specifications, send your application letter and curriculum vitae mentioning your current/last work with copies of your credentials before 25 December 2019 to: email@example.com/ Liban.firstname.lastname@example.org