Title: Database Manager Sector: Programme
Location: Bosaso, Puntland Duration: until December 31st 2020
Employee Category: Full Time Start of Contract: 1st February 2020
Since its foundation in 1968, GRT (Group for Transcultural Relations) has been working with socially marginalized groups and individuals by setting up protection mechanisms in order to promote social inclusion.
GRT is active in Somalia/Kenya since 1996, where the main fields of intervention are: Community Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS), Protection (GBV and Street Children) and (forced) Migrations, being expression of GRT’s core areas of expertise.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Database Manager will be responsible for the preparation, management, revision of the overall database of beneficiaries accessing health/medical services provided by the project.
The Database Manager shall also produce detailed statistics and reports as required by the project, extracting and analysing different types of data from the database system.
- Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information.
- Maintains database by entering new and updated patients’ information
- Establishes entry priorities.
- Processes patient’s data source documents by reviewing data for beneficiaries.
- Resolves deficiencies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or database systems.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
- Verifies entered data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or re-entering data.
- Combines data from similar templates from other project locations (Gardo and Garowe).
- Secures information by completing data base backups and secure policy.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needs.
- Maintains confidentiality on personal data collected.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Create spreadsheets based on project reporting and implementation needs
- Verifies data by comparing it to source documents
- Updates existing data
- Retrieves data from the database or electronic files as requested
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost
- Data Analysing and reporting
- Carry out any other duty as assigned to by GRT management
- Briefing on a daily basis to GRT Puntland coordinator.
- Briefing on a monthly basis the Nairobi Management on his/her activities.
All applicants are required to meet the following minimum qualifications;
- Bachelor Degree in ManagementInformation Systems, computer science, or related fields.
- Degree/Diploma in Public health or related medical Certificate is preferable.
- Good understanding of databases
- A good proficiency in the English language (both written and spoken)
- At least two years working experience with an international humanitarian organization
- Knowledge of administrative principles
- Good understanding of humanitarian practices and emergency activities.
- Honesty and truthfulness.
- Capable of working pro-actively and independently, while being an excellent team worker.
- Experience in working with local stakeholders such as health clinics and NGOs.
- Organization skills
- Attention to detail
- Computer savvy
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send motivation letter (max ½ pages) and CV with at least 3 references to the following email addresses:
The email subject line should be marked as: “Application for Database Manager-Bosaso”
Application Deadline is 15th January 2020, 5:00 pm EAT
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Successful candidate will be expected to comply with GRT Code of Conduct and GRT Child Protection Policy.