Based in Mogadishu, Somalia
Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA) is an international humanitarian and development organization that positively contributes towards improving the living standards and conditions of those adversely affected by disasters and conflict in the Horn and East Africa.
HIJRA is embarking on a programme to offer Third Party Monitoring Services in Somalia. HIJRA shall work across the Donor’s entire intervention portfolio in Somalia, with the aim of providing greater access to field locations, verification and validation of programme data, thereby enhancing the quality of data collected, and ensuring a higher frequency of data collection and project site visits. This will ultimately promote greater accountability, enhance risk management and improve learning insights for programme performance.
Under the overall supervision of the TPM and CASH programme Coordinator, the Data analyst will support the Third Party monitoring/ PDM assessments to enhance the data analysis and information management, undertaking primary data analysis, and supporting the design of quantitative methodologies for TPM/PDM and other data collection exercises.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support the TPM/CASH programme to analyse monitoring and assessment data
- Support in elaborating descriptive and predictive analyses of data collected as per UNHCR and HIJRA’s needs.
- Assist in the interpretation of findings for activities,ouput monitoring and PDM reports
- Train and support staff on Kobo collect platform for quantitative data collection. Contribute to the design of the new tools into kobo platform.
- Preparation, conception and production of maps; production of GIS products including maps and factsheets.
- Supervision and monitoring of remote data collection; monitor accuracy of data collected; cross check data collected in the field and ensuring regular updates and solve eventual discrepancies;
- Data analyst will maintain the strictest confidentiality of data and processes. He/she will actively take measures to prevent the unauthorized sharing of information and data.
- Participate to UNHCR technical team on information management and statistical methodologies for data analysis and representation.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Competencies, Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- University degree in Statistics, Economics, Monitoring & Evaluation, Demography, Population Studies, GIS, Mathematics or any other related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience; or
- Master degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Work experience with the analysis of large datasets with a strong quantitative analysis component;
- Experience with designing reports and dashboards.
- Experience with Geographical Spatial information (GIS).
- Strong knowledge of food security and livelihood indicators.
- Demonstrated experience of statistical packages and/ or data analysis software (e.g. SPSS, SAS, Excel, Epi Info, SMART, STAT 01) and advanced computer skills (word-processing, spread sheets, and databases) are a must;
- Demonstrated experience in Data collection tools (ODK, Kobo and Survey123)
- Ability to finalize survey findings’ tables and statistical reports;
- Experience with sampling methods, design and implementation of large surveys in countries with difficult access and little direct control on data collection and field operations;
- Experience in designing closed ended questionnaires;
- Advanced skills in Data Visualization/Dashboard design (Excel, Dashboards, Power BI and Tableau).
- Ability to mentor and provide technical training to field staff on data analysis and representation
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and presentation
Qualified Candidates are requested to submit an Application letter and Curriculum Vitaeincluding telephone and emails contacts of three referees including your current/most recent employer.
Applications, addressed to:
Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA)
Should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line should read
Applications must be submitted not later than close of business on 25th January, 2020 Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Please note that interviews will be done on a rolling basis given the urgency of the positions.