Position Type: COVID-19 Regional Coordinators
Vacant Positions (3 Positions) – Hargeisa, Borama and Burao
Grade Level: Short Term –
Salary Scale: Negotiable
Working Hours: 48 Hour per weak
Job Title: Regional Coordinator
Duration: Only 4 Months
Employer: COVID-19 Committee and Ministry of Health development
Duty Station: Hargeisa, Borama and Burao
In response to WHOs declaration of COVID 19 as a pandemic, the President of Somaliland, H.E Musa Bihi, has established an inter-ministerial National COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Committee, with a secretariat linking the technical committee and other government agencies. Somaliland has developed a National COVID-19 Preparedness & Response Plan to support its government’s efforts in preventing, rapidly detecting and effectively responding to a COVID-19 outbreak in the country.
Through funding from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) through Nordic International Support Foundation (NIS), This work has sought to support Somaliland government in the implementation of their National Development Plan (NDP), as well as institutional capacity development as well as institutional capacity development more broadly. As the global threat of COVID- 19 increases and with the rising infection figures throughout Sub-Saharan Africa.
Somaliland is well aware of the urgent need to enhance existing capacities and scale up coordination mechanisms the healthcare systems are also being tested as governments must cater for the large number of patients contracting the disease. The need to create quarantine centers and isolation areas where the affected can be treated to reduce the risk of further transmission is having a huge impact on the weak health infrastructures.
Due to the above the Somaliland Civil Service commission is seeking three Qualified Candidates as COVID-19 Regional Coordinators in Maroodi-Jeh(Hargeisa), Awdal (Borama) and Togdher (Burao), the nature of this advertised three positions will be as below written;
- Job Purpose
The Regional Coordinators will work collaboratively with all relevant regional health stakeholders and partners, the Ministry of Health and Development (MoHD), Regional and national COVID-19 Committees on related COVID-19 planned and ongoing activities in the capacity of providing technical support and strengthening communication and coordination mechanism among various stakeholders in order to assure cooperation and efficiency in service delivery at all levels.
3. Objectives of the Job
· Supporting the COVID-19 sub-committee at regional levels and national committee in all capacities related to COVID-19 preventive efforts and public awareness.
· Provide effective leadership, enabling the COVID-19 Committees and relevant regional stakeholders to improve performance of its functions and achieve set results
· Offer technical support, guidance and consultancy to all COVID -19 related issues and activities during planning and implementation
· Provide accurate and timely reporting on progress of implementation of Finance, Administration, procurement and Human resources policies, strategies and programmes.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
The functions of Regional Coordinator will be:
· Provide technical guidance to the regional COVID- 19 committee and all other collaborating partners
· Identifying and addressing key issues, harmonizing technical objectives and approaches in COVID -19 response.
· Continuously liaise with the regional office, central MoHD office and national COVID- 19 committee to support in planning and implementation of activities in Somali land regions
· Coordinate regular virtual and non- virtual meetings between the regional COVID -19 committees, MoHD and the national committee on COVID- 19 interventions.
· Follow up on meetings and action items for regional COVID- 19 committee in a timely manner to ensure all activities agreed on are implemented in the specific region.
· Report to the MoHD on the progress of the regional COVID- 19 committee activities on monthly basis.
· Develop and carry out internal monitoring and evaluation of regional COVID-19 committee interventions.
· Any other tasks assigned by supervisor and as or may be required by the MoHD and national committee for COVID- 19.
· Other duties assigned by supervisor.
5. Reporting Arrangements
The Director General of Ministry of Health Development and National /Regional COVID-19 Committees
The COVID-19 Regional Coordinators will be responsible for the production of the following deliverables:
· Health sector support, trainings and plans
· Reinforce implementation of existing health strategies, action plans and on-going activities related to COVID-19 prevention.
· Produce monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports
- Qualification and Experience:
· A minimum of Bachelor Degree Health Science and other related discipline from a recognized University or equivalent professional qualification. Master degree of Health science is desirable.
· Five years’ experience, four (4) of which must have been at the senior management level in the public health services
· Must be a member of Somaliland Medical Association and have NHPC License.
8. Competencies and Skills
· Proven leadership and managerial skills.
· Minimum 3 years of professional experience in a similar position.
· The candidate must be familiar with and have sound knowledge and skills of coordinating, monitoring and evaluation of projects and programmes mainly in the field of healthcare.
· Strong communication skills are essential including excellent organizational and analytical capabilities, ability to set priorities, take initiatives and complete tasks within deadlines.
· Familiarity with the Somaliland regions to be able to prepare and implement regional implementation plans.
· Ability to work independently and meet deadlines under strict deadlines.
· Ability to coordinate different stakeholders in a complex work environment.
· in written and spoken English is necessary.
· Fluency in written and spoken SOMALI is a MUST
· Report writing
· Gives objective advice based on sound analysis
· Focuses on outcomes
· Gives purpose and direction
· Thinks strategically
· Involves people in decision-making
· Communicates effectively Displays an intelligent awareness of the political environment
· Prepares plans with clear short- and long-term objectives
· Functions effectively in a team of COVID-19 committee members and relevant stakeholders
· Application Letter
· Updated CV
· Copies of certificates and other supporting documents, Identification and References.
· National ID Card
How to apply
How to Apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should submit their applications; (Cover letter, Updated CV, and Contacts for 3 Professional referees with their official contacts) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the Recruitment Department of Civil Service Commission Somaliland with the subject of the email as “Application for COVID-19 Regional Coordinator, Deadline for application not later than 6th August 2020. Please submit all documentation in one PDF File. Hard Copy Documents will not be received.
Applicants are also requested to register to via Nordic International Support Foundation (NIS) dedicated online system, which may be accessed at the following address: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/b60ed09954214b8d8de007077f2d8451
Applicants who submit their applications in both systems (Civil Service Commission Somaliland and NIS foundation) will be considered for further analysis.
Note: Kindly specify in your application only one location interested
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted for Test and interview.