IBS Bank is a sharia compliant commercial bank licensed by the Central Bank of Somalia. The Bank’s mission is to be a trans-formative financial solutions provider for a better society, and has a vision to be the leading and innovative international Islamic Financial Institution (IFI). As a peoples’ bank, it positions itself as an attractive place to work in.
THE POSITION: Corporate Business Manager
IBS Bank is looking to fill the position of Corporate Business Manager.
Our company is looking for a skilled Business Manager to lead and supervise the work of our employees. You will be in charge of designing business strategies and managing all day-to-day operations to guarantee company efficiency.
Superb interpersonal and leadership skills are vital for this role; as good teamwork is important for our business success. Suitable candidates should also be excellent written and verbal communicators, and possess the ability to identify opportunities for growth.
The role reports Head of Corporate Business.
Position: Corporate Business
Job type: Full time
Corporate Business Manager duties and responsibilities of the job
Corporate Business Manager day-to-day activities including:
- Assess and identify new opportunities for growth in current and prospective markets.
- Establish the company’s goals and objectives.
- Recruit and train new employees.
- Perform regular employee evaluations to determine areas of improvement.
- Design business strategies and plans to meet the company goals.
- Make sure that the company has sufficient resources such as personnel, material, and equipment.
- Develop a comprehensive company budget and perform periodic budget analyses.
- Ensure all company activities adhere to legal guidelines and policies.
- Assess overall company performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Management or other related fields.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a management position.
- Outstanding leadership abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the latest business policies and regulations.
- Demonstrable analytical thinking & business insight.
- The candidate must have a good record of integrity.
- The candidate should have a good mastery of the Somali and English languages.
Other Personal skills
Suitable candidates will be expected to display the following qualities:
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Organization and time-management skills
- Ability to assess, identify and evaluate risk, plus establish cause and prescribe and enforce solutions
- Excellent reporting skills
- The ability to keep calm under pressure, especially when there are tight deadlines and in difficult situations
- The ability to think objectively
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written is a must.
The ideal candidate is expected to have worked as in a Corporate Business Manager for not less than 3 years.
If you believe you meet the above specifications, send your application letter and curriculum vitae mentioning your current/last work with copies of your credentials before 30/04/2020 to: email@example.com, with subject line Corporate Business Manager. Please note that , only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.