Ministry of Interior Galmudug State of Somalia
Terms of Reference
|I. Position Information|
II. Organizational Context
|The Ministry of Interior (MoI) Galmudug State of Somalia is the major governmental institution leading the local governance initiatives in the state. It coordinates the different activities of the agencies within the UN Joint Programme on Local Governance and Decentralized Service Delivery in Somalia (JPLG) and other stakeholders. The ministry also has a constitutional mandate in overseeing the functions and performance of the local governments through creating an enabling environment within which local governments can flourish.|
Local Governments in Somalia are generally plagued by lack of clear guidelines on employment regulation as well as a poor understanding of the roles and responsibilities of employers and employees. This leads to difficulties in assessing and creating or enhancing human resource capacities for the local governments which are then unable to provide services for the populace.
The Ministry of Interior, Galmudug State of Somalia, in collaboration with theJPLGintend to put in place a comprehensive Employment Regulation for the Local Government as part of creating an enabling environment and to ensure that capacities are built that are institutionalized and long lasting.
In this context, the JPLG which is a five-year joint programme comprising ILO, UNCDF, UNDP, UN-HABITAT and UNICEF with the overall goal of “creating an enabling environment for improved service delivery and greater stability, through improved legal, policy and system frameworks – building the knowledge of those working in and with local governments” will support the Ministry of Interior in recruiting a consultant to develop a Local Government Employment Regulationwho will to be based at the MoILG offices and will be supervised by the Director General, MOILG. The position is for a limited period of delivery basis.
III. Objectives of the assignment
| The consultant will help to strengthen and enhance the human resource capacities and capabilities of the MoI-LGER through:|
1. Drafting / developing a Local Government Employment Regulation
2. Sensitizing the ministry and stakeholders on the regulation to ensure buy in
3. Provide validation workshop on the developed employment regulation to the target group
IV. Scope of work
|The Consultant will: –|
· Review the constitution, existing laws and policies on employment and identify gaps and weaknesses to be addressed in line with best practices Consult and liaise with staff at Ministry of Interior and local governments in Galmudug State of Somalia and other relevant stakeholders to solicit their views
· Draft the Employment Regulation ensuring adherence to relevant legislation applicable to local governments inGalmudug State of Somalia such as the civil service law and incorporate the comments and views of the ministry and stakeholdersPresent the draft Employment Regulation to the ministry and other stakeholdersand revise the regulation based on feedback
Present the final Employment Regulation for validation
· Conduct training session(s) to the target group to explain the implementation and monitoring of employment regulation
|V: Monitoring and Reporting|
|The consultant will work under the direct supervision of the Director General, Ministry of Interior and Local Government and with the JPLG certifying the quality of work before payment is processed.|
Terms of payment:
The consultancy will be paid on delivery basis. The consultant payment will be comprised of Payment to cover for the services provided to carry out under the assignment as per the TOR stating out.
The Consultant shall submit his/her proposal itemized as above and all payments shall be subject to direct payment as contract states.
The payment will be based on lumpsum schedule 100% upon delivery of the final report and conducted validation workshop as the contract contents indicated.
The institutions/consultants shall submit his/her proposal all payments shall be subject to UNDP/JPLG payment Rules and Regulations.
|VI: Qualifications and Experience|
|VII: Other information|
|Women are strongly encouraged to apply.|
|VIII. Application submission|
|Please send your cover letter detailing previous work done and curriculum vitae, before the deadline of Application|
30 – July -2020, to the e-mail: Hr.email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Only e-mail applications will be accepted