Community Mobilization Officer – (2000000L)
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The core function of this position is to implement Community mobilization activities under the USAID- funded, Accelerated Quality Learning for Somali Children and Youth program. The Regional Community Mobilization Officer will lead all community mobilization activities in education centres and communities in each target region, ensuring the participation of community members in decision making, as well as their buy-in to key project messages.
Part of this role will include managing of community mobilization activities, planning of activities in the field, monitoring of implementation and supporting logistics needs of the community mobilization component, contribution to the preparation of printed and other materials for BCC component.
In agreement with the line manager, and the Techer Education Officer, the job holder will work alongside other players on the day-to-day planning, coordination, and reporting on the component deliverables towards achieving the programme objectives.
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree, social science, development Studies, Education are preferable.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in humanitarian aid delivery or development field, particularly in community mobilization role.
- Proficiency in both Somali and English is a must.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of local education context in Somalia, especially Accelerated Learning program context in Somalia.
- Experience of working in emergencies setting.
- Experience in working with local and/or international NGOs Community mobilization experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of Puntland education system and education in humanitarian programmes.
- Experience working in the Region (Nugal or Puntland in general)
- Working knowledge of Child protection.
We need to keep children safe, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified candidates
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Application Process: https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2000000L&lang=en