COMMUNITY MOBILIZATION COORDINATOR POSITION
POSTED: 22nd Feb 2021
SADAR Development and Resilience Institute is a Somalia-based research organization that seeks to building community resilience through humanitarian and developmental transformation in Somalia.
SCOPE OF ROLE
ROLE PURPOSE: The core function of this position is to implement Community mobilization activities under the European Union- funded, “FREE – Fundamental Rights, Equality and Empowerment for Girls and Women in Puntland state of Somalia”.
The Community Mobilization Coordinator will lead all community mobilization activities within project targeted communities and ensuring the participation of community members in decision making, as well as their buy-in to key project messages. Part of this role will include; supporting development of training and dialogue guide, organizing and facilitating trainings and community dialogues, supporting the media campaign, and engaging with beneficiaries.
To be responsible for the Community Mobilization in agreement with SADAR, the job holder will also work alongside other partners on the day-to-day planning, coordination, and reporting on Output 1 of the project.
Reports to: Executive Director-SADAR Institute.
- In consultation with the Executive Director, He/she plans for community dialogue sessions to raise awareness among men and women of GBV and the trauma associated with this and other forms of violence and abuse in urban and peri-urban communities in Garowe and Bossaso.
- He/she will support development of training and dialogue guide.
- He/she will lead in mapping of stakeholders on the ongoing FGM/C initiatives in Puntland.
- He/she will lead in capacity assessment of CSOs engaged in advocating for FGM/C abandonment and challenging social norms that legitimate GBV in Garowe and Bossaso.
- He/she will conduct trainings and sensitization workshops on Puntland FGM/C policy with selected CSOs, NSAs, lawyers (male and female), paralegals and religious elders in Garowe and Bossaso.
- He/she will lead in organizing media campaigns, spot, social airing (radio and TV) to sensitize the communities about women’ rights and the harmful consequence of FGM/C practices on girls and women physical and psychological health, and to promote its abandonment.
REPORTING AND INFORMATION SHARING
- Ensure the timely submission of the required reports to Executive Director.
- Ensure timely sharing of all the relevant information to the Executive Director.
- Ensure the timely planning of project activities in line project schedule.
COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIORS
- Delivers timely and appropriate results using available resources.
- Takes responsibility for their work and its impact on others.
- Plans, prioritize and performs tasks well with minimal supervision.
- Gathers the right information and uses critical thinking to make effective and timely decisions.
- Demonstrates awareness of the wider external influence that impact on decision making.
- Simplifies processes and procedures wherever possible.
- Delivers work that reflects a good knowledge and application of technical and professional standards.
- Keeps up to date with trends in their work area.
- Maintains ethical and professional behavior in accordance with relevant codes of conduct.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in social science, development Studies, Education and preferable Knowledge of current national and international strategies on Rights, Equality and Empowerment for Girls and Women in Somalia.
- Recommended a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in similar position. Experience of working with community, partners and staff.
- Ability to write quality narrative donor report.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Somali
- Sensitive to issues affecting children and committed to organization policies.
Please APPLY by sending your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter to email@example.com; on or before the deadline.
Application will be close on 8th March 2021.