TERMS OF REFERENCE
|Title:||Chief Executive Officer (CEO)|
|Project:||Garacad Fishing and Commercial Port project|
|Duty station:||Garacad, Puntland|
|Duration:||12months initially, renewable subject to satisfactory performance|
|Supervisor:||Board of Directors (BOD)|
WADAAGSAN COMPANY BRIEF BACKGROUND
Wadaagsan Company Ltd (WCL), is the owner and developer of Garacad Port, the first privately owned and funded port facility in Somalia. Established in 2016, WCL is an indigenous Ports Development Company which represents a strong shareholder base with extensive expertise and capabilities in the construction and infrastructure development industry. The Company headquarter is situated at Amal Plaza, Galkacyo, Puntland, Somalia.
The management has plan to build a port in the region and develop specialized marine services, logistical facilities and port operations. However, the official name of this project is“Garacad Fishing and Commercial Port project”. The Garacad Fishing and Commercial Port project can turn the economic tide for Somalia’s central regions, using its excellent strategic location and rich natural resources to its fullest advantage. Our ultimate goal is to Develop strong port infrastructure with quality, reliable, sustainable to support economic growth and job creation with a focus on sea infrastructure sector emphasizing.
WADAAGSAN COMPANY LTD is looking for a person with the above stated title.
The Chief Executive Officer will have the overall responsibility for the successful implementation of the Company activities within the approved framework of authority. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing strategic plan of the Company with agreed time frame by the Board of Directors (BOD).
- The management of communication and ensuring stakeholders are aware of the Company activities and progress.
- Dealing with the Contractors, Consulting firms, all Projects and Program Managers in all aspects including but not limited technical aspects, standards, workflow and achieving milestones.
- Advising the Board on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes
- Developing and maintaining Company plans, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources.
- Manage the information flows between different Projects activities and Board of Directors (BOD).
- Implement approved Company plans (including the establishment of milestones) within acceptances set by the Company board.
- Monitor, evaluate the work performance and review both Health and Safety and Environmental Practices during the delivery of the project to those requirements defined within the scope.
- Manage and complete assurance processes on engagement level as per Company’s policies.
Prepare the following reports:
- Highlight Reports
- Operational Closure Checklist
- End Project Report
- Handover Report
Prepare and manage budgets both Opex and Capex, cash flow and obligations to ensure that deliverables are met and payments to contractors and personnel are received on time.
Ensure that all expenditure comply with Company’s Financial Rules and Regulations
- Lead and motivate the Company’s employees
- Ensure that behavioural expectations of team members are established
- Identify outstanding staff and bring them to the attention of the Company’s activities
- Select, recruit and train team as required by Company’s plans
- Understand the applicability of relevant situation and seek to contribute within the deliverables of the project
- Seek opportunities to recruit qualified local staff
- Look for ways to build capacity of local counterparts
- The project management processes are designed to deliver maximum professionalism, accountability, transparency and results orient. If a project or processes is not in line with this, it is the responsibility of the CEO to raise the issue to a supervisor (BOD)
- Managerial – Management professional with strong project management skills.
- Commitment – Committed to Company’s principles and values.
- Professionalism – Working knowledge in construction with expertise in seaport construction management is preferred.
- Planning and Organizing – Ability to plan work assignments and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines.
- Communications/Negotiation – Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, with the capability to articulate the Company’s strategic goals into sound operating plans and processes. Excellent written and oral advocacy and negotiation skills and personality necessary to effectively focus and motivate employees, partners, and stakeholders.
- Technology Awareness – High proficiency with computers in particular MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, PPT and the Internet as well as advance knowledge of working with Internet based applications and languages.
- Teamwork – Ability to lead and support teams in a complex multi-national, multi-cultural environment.
Bachelor of Business Administration and Master of Business Administration (MBA) degrees are required, in addition to that Project Management skill is required
Practitioner Certification or equivalent – preferred.
- Experience in managing projects in the international development field is required.
- At least 10 years’ experience specifically managed with high-profile Companies is required (these experiences are very essential and it’s competent to be selected).
- Experience in project and team management and skills development with prove is competent to be selected.
- Professional with high experience in working with projects more than $50. million with managerial skills in management is required.
- Experience in monitoring, reporting, development and coordination in either public or private sector organizations is asset.
- Experience in project and team management and skills development is desirable.
Somalia Mother tongue (the first language)
Fluency in English is required (essential)
Any other language is desirable
NB: The selection of successful candidate will be based on his/her competences, experience and education as stated above.