Job Title: CCCM PROJECT OFFICER
# of positions required: 1 staff
Contract: 2 Months (it could be extended depending on availability of funds)
Closing Date: 18th November, 2019
Puntland Youth and Social Development Association (PSA) is local non-governmental, non- profit organization established in 2002 by a group of enthusiastic young educated members of society and it is based in Puntland state – Somalia
In 2019, Puntland Youth and Social Development Association (PSA) in partnership with UNHCR is planning to implement CCCM Project In Garowe/Qardo districts -Puntland state, the timeframe for the project would be 2 months.
Within the frame work of the PSA protection component, the organization seeks to fill the position of CCCM project Officer
The CCCM project Officer will be responsible but not limited to the following:
• Coordinate / develop / update agreed response strategies and action plans for the cluster/sector and ensure that these are adequately reflected in overall Cluster strategies
• Facilitate and arrange the Monthly CCCM cluster coordination meeting
• Involve all relevant partners in site needs assessment and analysis
• Identify gaps and duplications – assess, verify, and map emerging assistance needs and protection issues
• Map and track “who is doing what, where, when”
• Develop exit/transition strategy for communal settings
• Support selection, planning and development of communal settings in collaboration with site planners and with national actors
• Ensure the site design supports protection and assistance of men, women, boys and girls
• Support registration of displaced populations in communal settings, paying particular attention to gender, age and diversity dimensions; and update the population registry/enrolment for assistance
• Ensure strategies are developed to support and strengthen residents’ livelihood initiatives
• Conduct contingency planning based and most likely scenarios of population movements
• Enact environment protection and mitigation of negative impacts on ecological habitats
• Where possible, support the national government/authorities in implementing their activities and upholding them to their obligations that meet the identified priority needs
• Ensure integration of agreed priority cross-cutting issues in needs assessment, analysis, planning, monitoring and response.
• Ensure gender sensitive programming.
• Ensure the CCCM Cluster/sector maps out the operational requirements for a CCCM response; and identify and establish standards and guidelines that facilitate
• Ensure adequate monitoring mechanisms are in place to review impact of the cluster/sector and progress against implementation plans
• Adapt relevant policies and guidelines and technical standards to context of crisis
• Ensure that cluster/sector members are aware of policy guidelines and technical standards
• Ensure that responses are in line with existing policy guidance and technical standards and relevant government, human rights, and legal obligations
• Ensure that CCCM responses build on local capacities, context specific strengths and national response capabilities
• Degree in a field of study that offers a comprehensive view of community organization, planning and design (e.g. Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning or a related field) and/or Social Sciences (e.g. Humanitarian Affairs, Development Studies, Political Science, or a related field), or an equivalent combination of camp management and humanitarian experience in a related area.
• 3 to 4 years of experience in CCCM cluster including Leading of CCCM cluster coordination
• Strong ability to lead field activities including data collection
• Strong Ability to prepare reports, Minutes
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Experience in participatory techniques and community mobilization
• Knowledge and ability to speak the language of the local community preferred
Application and CV:
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated their CV with contact details for 3 referees and cover letter explaining his/her motivation and why they are suited for the post to this email: Recruitment.PSA2002@gmail.com to be received by 18th November. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. PSA is an equal-opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.