CCCM DATABASE ASSISTANT
# of positions required: 1 staff
Contract: 2 Months (it could be extended depending on availability of funds)
Closing Date: 18th November, 2019
Puntland Youth and Social Development Association (PSA) is local non-governmental, non- profit organization established in 2002 by a group of enthusiastic young educated members of society and it is based in Puntland state – Somalia
In 2019, Puntland Youth and Social Development Association (PSA) in partnership with UNHCR is planning to implement CCCM Project in Garowe/Qardo districts -Puntland state, the timeframe for the project would be 2 months.
Within the frame work of the PSA protection component, the organization seeks to fill the position of CCCM Database assistant
The CCCM database assistant will be responsible but not limited to the following:
- Managing CCCM teams database and information management tools updating data daily
- Implement CCCM activities as requested by CCCM Officer, Program Manager and Technical Coordinator such as but not limited to:
- Lead in carrying out site level assessments and organize data so that it can be shared externally
- Lead in making sure information management tools are updated regularly
- Assisting in all aspects of the creation and monitoring of camp committees
- Assisting in carrying out assessments and surveys within the site
- Orienting incentivized labour hired from within the camp
- Ensure timely and adequate registration of IDPs in camp, including identification of persons with specific needs in coordination with protection partners.
- Spearheading outreach campaigns in the camp and ensuring that information is being properly conveyed and circulated to the camp community
- Monitor status of population and highlighting trends with camp management team
- Treat community members in a sensitive and humane manner
- Completion of university degree in database, humanities, social studies, or another relevant degree
- Minimum one years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
- Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
- Extensive knowledge of Somalian displacement context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
Application and CV:
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated their CV with contact details for 3 referees and cover letter explaining his/her motivation and why they are suited for the post to this email: Recruitment.PSA2002@gmail.com to be received by 18th November. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. PSA is an equal-opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.