Number of position: One (1)
Reporting to: Food Security and Livelihoods Program Manager.
Duty Station: Hudur
Action Against Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently manages operations in 8 countries: Kenya, South Sudan, Cambodia, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Haiti and Somalia. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $75 million in programs, and approximately 2000 staff based in in the various country offices, Head Quarter in New York City and Operational Centre in Nairobi. Additional growth is anticipated.
Summary of Position
The Cash and Agriculture Officer position is based in Hudur and directly reports to FSL Program Manager. He will play a key role in implementing the GFFO Project, facilitates community mobilization activities to support targeting and registration of beneficiaries and improve food, security and livelihood/cash based Intervention knowledge, attitudes and practices, Assists in the preparation of monthly progress report, plans and provide leadership to the FSL team in Hudur.
The Cash and Agriculture Officer position will;
· Responsible for making follow-up of the FSL activities to ensure that FSL program objectives and outputs are achieved.
· Ensure that the FSL activities in the assigned area of operation are implemented in accordance with Action Against Hunger standard rules, regulations and operational procedures, agreed strategies, implementation plans and requirements.
· Represent Action Against Hunger in community meetings, food security or emergency response meetings in coordination with FSL team.
· Coordinate the preparation of tender and contact documents for project, Bills of Quantities, and Request for Quotations, etc.
Objective 1: Social mobilization and need assessment in the field.
· The Cash and Agriculture Officer facilitates community mobilization activities to support targeting and registration of beneficiaries and improve food, security and livelihood/cash based Intervention knowledge, attitudes and practices
· Assist in the preparation of monthly progress report, plans and provide leadership to the FSL team in Hudur.
· Contribute, participate, and lead the registration of cash beneficiaries and answering technical questions
· Contribute, participate, and lead the distribution and implementation of cash and agriculture activities that include cash, seed and tools distribution, cash and Agro-related training, and Agro-related interventions among others.
· Organize and support running of agriculture activities in the target district.
Objective 2: Support field level FSL coordination elaboration.
· Coordinate closely with the FSLPM to ensure that FSL related activities in the assigned areas of operation are implemented harmoniously and with quality.
· Provide inputs to the design & utilization of project information gathering tools & project activity manuals.
· Work with the other program team members on cross-learning and beneficiary capacity building initiatives especially in relation to FSL.
· Participate in FSL related data collection together with the MEAL team.
· Work in close collaboration with Nutrition, WASH, and Health teams on ensuring field level integration and synergy.
· Build capacity of other staff members in relation to cash and Agro-related FSL components.
· Other relevant duties as directed by the PM, DHoD or HOD or Specific responsibilities
Objective 3: Spearhead community facilitation activities.
· Contribute to the development of viable community mobilisation strategies for targeting, registration, and follow-up of FSL beneficiaries.
· Plan and execute FSL related capacity building for targeted communities.
· Conduct follow up monitoring of FSL activities in the area of operation.
Objective 4: Documentation and reporting.
· Prepare and compile FSL activity reports on weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and yearly and share with FSL PM.
· Regular monitoring of project activities and provide timely inputs and feedback to the FSL PM.
Required Qualifications and Professional Experience.
· Bachelor Degree in food security related fields; i.e. Agricultural engineering, Agronomy, Crop Science, development studies.
· Minimum of 3+ years of experience in direct implementation of agriculture extension and working with subsistence farmers, knowledge of working environment. Development and oversight of small-scale rural agriculture projects.
Required Skills & Competencies.
· Extensive experience in community participation and consultative-implementation methods.
· Flexibility to adjust to new implementation practices and new strategic guidance as per the changing political environment.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be initiative
· Good facilitation, analytical, planning and report writing skills
· Experience in community and farmer group mobilization
· Good supervisory and organizational skills, good interpersonal skills
· Knowledge of agricultural issues and techniques
· Good knowledge of implementing projects
· Self-motivated and reliable
· Experience and knowledge of working with NGOs in agriculture programs in Somalia
· Knowledge of written and spoken English, Understanding of the local language is a must
· Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word and Outlook
· Willing to extensively travel throughout the project area.
How to Apply
Applications, including CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to be sent via email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 10th August 2020 clearly mentioning the position on the subject line. Cash and Agriculture Officer -Hudur.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.