Call forPre-Qualified Data Collectors
Duty Station: Galkacyo, Garowe Gardo and Bosaso
Effective duration: January 2020 to January, 2022
Save the Children Background.
For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children’s lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world’s largest independent child rights organization, underpinned by a vision in a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behavior towards children both in their private and professional lives.
Save the Children International is committed capacity building by providing a unique opportunity for Puntland skilled students and young professionals to build their capacity in various technical and support functions; therefore Save the Children is advertising for pre-qualified Data Collectors to be engaged in Surveys which Save the Children will be conducting in the future on demand bases.
Potential Responsibilities but not limited to:-
- Assume all responsibilities for carrying out the assignment in accordance with the roles and responsibilities of the enumerators as will outline in the contract.
- Effectively utilize the developed data collection tools and methodology of carrying out the assignment which include checklists, interview materials, questionnaires and other tools which has been deemed appropriate by the consultant.
- Handover the duly filed in questionnaires, FGDs, or any other tools that has been provided with for data collection to the assigned supervisor at the end of each day.
- Work closely with MEAL team
- The enumerator will be responsible to arrange any form of insurance cover.
- The enumerator bears the responsibility to be on time for his/her assignment.
Desired Criteria Required
- At least a first degree in any of the relevant fields of child protection, CRG, law, Education, Health, etc (NB. looking for conceptual and analytical ability).
- At least a basic overview of the principles and provisions of the Convention of the rights of the child.
- Experience in the relevant field of education, health, nutrition, law, child right governance or child protection.
- Experience in undertaking field research work using participatory approaches, including with children.
- Experience in interviewing and facilitating Focus Group Discussions.
- Knowledge of Somali language, culture and traditions a must.
- Able to read and write English language
- Good team player
- Gender and disability sensitive.
Interested candidates are required to submit following documents to:-
- Application letter
- Copy of certificates
- Recommendation letters
Applications closing date is 20th January, 2020
Savethe ChildrenInternationaldoesnotchargeany kindoffeeatwhicheverstageoftheprequalified processanddoesnotactthroughrecruitmentagents