AMOUD LEGAL AID CLINIC
Amoud Legal Clinic is established in September 2009 with the agreement (Micro-Capital Grant Agreement) between Amoud University and UNDP, including becoming partners with pact world, and American Bar Association (ABA), for implementing expanding access to justice program (EAJ) Amoud Legal Aid Clinic comprised, Criminal unit defense, Civil Litigation unit, access to justice and awareness unit, and Human Rights Unit. Free legal aid to people in need of legal aid services, particularly to, refugees, IDPs Minority and extremely vulnerable members of the host communities in matters relating to criminal cases, civil cases, and customary law, and provides legal counseling and mediations where necessary. Legal Clinic, also advocates and provides legal trainings, awareness raising to the host and refugee communities in rural areas, or remote areas in Zailac, Lughaya, Baki, Boon, Harirad, Borama, Dilla, Quljeed and Wajale.
AMOUD UNIVESITY Legal aid Clinic office, provides for Free Legal Aid Services and legal Awareness Campaigns for outreach communities(remote and coastal areas) is aimed at improving access to justice to vulnerable, voiceless and disadvantaged groups who can’t afford to hire a lawyer. Amoud University, Legal Aid Clinic, is seeking applications for a qualified 6.Senior Lawyer for its free legal aid services, legal assistance and legal awareness campaigns The senior lawyer will provide free legal representation for the indigent peoples, . He/she will represent cases in all levels of Somaliland courts and also will involve all legal clinic criminal and human rights unit legal representations, detention and prison monitoring and community legal empowerment activities.
Position: Amoud Legal Aid Clinic ‘’ALAC’’ In both Criminal and, civil Substantive Unit Is Recruiting For Six Senior Lawyers, Six paralegal, while also recruiting one personal finance officer, one Admin and HR, all position or applicants Will Be Based In Awdal And Salsal Regions But Also Frequently Traveled To Other Regions Of Somaliland In Case Of Need.
Amoud Legal Clinic objectives include:
- Access to justice and legal aid improved for individual who are in Borama prison, through profession of free legal aid assistance and representation by the legal clinic, the focuses will be on vulnerable and marginalized groups.
- The legal education of third year law students improved and broadened. The legal clinic will provide law students with a firsthand experience of the way Somaliland legal system functions.
- The knowledge of civil society toward rights of women and children and the citizens’ rights in general. Moreover, it will be conducted legal information public campaign to enhance access to justice and legal aid development.
The specific aims of the project are:
- To ensure that vulnerable persons in conflict with the law have access to advice and information about their legal rights and the opportunity to seek redress;
- To use the evidence gathered from the work of the paralegals to inform the relevant government bodies about the impact of laws and policies and to make recommendations for improvement;
- To create public awareness of human rights legal education and legal empowerment.
Purpose of the position
The position holder will contribute to the implementation of effective and accountable financialand asset control systems. With the assistance of the Finance and Support Service Manager, theposition holder will implement planning, tracking and reporting mechanisms which contribute toeffective and accountable programs. The incumbent will provide technical backstopping toprogram teams, promoting adherence to Amoud Field Finance Manual for a host of routinefinancial transactions. With the assistance of FSS Manager, the incumbent will promoteawareness of Finance and Support Service Manual with staff members and implementingpartners
Contribute to the implementation of effective and accountable financial and asset controlsystems:
- Contribute to the implementation of day-to-day activities for the finance departmentcovering the entire region:
- Track staff advances, providing regular updates to FSS Manager to ensure they aresettled within 7-days;
- Prepare payment for suppliers, including check issuance and payment through
electronic banking mechanisms;
- With support from FSS Manager, maintain accurate general ledger accounts,spearheading revisions and providing analysis as required;
- Maintain sound and auditable filing system for all financial records;
- Coordinate the compilation and processing of implementing partners financial documentation;
- Coordinate the implementation of LDR with field teams, providing technical backstopping and tracking submissions, followingup with staff to ensure timely monthlyimplementation;
- Promote awareness of Amoud legal aid clinic policy and procedure to ensure accountableimplementation of Amoud legal Aid programs:
- Provide continual technical back-stopping to programs teams of financial documentationfor routine office activities:
- Facilitate in capacity building of staff members on finance policies and procedures;
- Provide technical back-stopping to implementing partners, providing on-the-job
mentoring of legal Clinic finance requirements;
- With support from FSS Manager, draft responses to queries from various externalstakeholders regarding World Vision financial matters;
- Analyze existing/new processes and procedures and advise Finance and SupportService Manager on means to improve current practice;
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal education, prior experience or on the-job training:
- Educational level required: Degree in Finance or Accounting; or economics
- Experience: 2/3 years of experience in related field, and expert organizational financial management
- Ability to articulate in written and spoken English fluently;
- Ability to present financial data in a clear and coherent manner;
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Professional qualifications as CFA/CPA is considerable as plus
- Excellence analytical and numerical skills
- Experience using financial software
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 10% Domestic/ travel is required.
- On call: Immediately
How to Apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.