AMOUD LEGAL AID CLINIC
Amoud Legal Clinic is established in September 2009 with the agreement (Micro-Capital Grant Agreement) between Amoud University and UNDP, including becoming partners with pact world, and American Bar Association (ABA), for implementing expanding access to justice program (EAJ) Amoud Legal Aid Clinic comprised, Criminal unit defense, Civil Litigation unit, access to justice and awareness unit, and Human Rights Unit. Free legal aid to people in need of legal aid services, particularly to, refugees, IDPs Minority and extremely vulnerable members of the host communities in matters relating to criminal cases, civil cases, and customary law, and provides legal counseling and mediations where necessary. Legal Clinic, also advocates and provides legal trainings, awareness raising to the host and refugee communities in rural areas, or remote areas in Zailac, Lughaya, Baki, Boon, Harirad, Borama, Dilla, Quljeed and Wajale.
AMOUD UNIVESITY Legal aid Clinic office, provides for Free Legal Aid Services and legal Awareness Campaigns for outreach communities(remote and coastal areas) is aimed at improving access to justice to vulnerable, voiceless and disadvantaged groups who can’t afford to hire a lawyer. Amoud University, Legal Aid Clinic, is seeking applications for a qualified 6.Senior Lawyer for its free legal aid services, legal assistance and legal awareness campaigns The senior lawyer will provide free legal representation for the indigent peoples, . He/she will represent cases in all levels of Somaliland courts and also will involve all legal clinic criminal and human rights unit legal representations, detention and prison monitoring and community legal empowerment activities.
Position: Amoud Legal Aid Clinic ‘’ALAC’’ In both Criminal and, civil Substantive Unit Is Recruiting For Six Senior Lawyers, Six paralegal, while also recruiting one personal finance officer, one Admin and HR, all position or applicants Will Be Based In Awdal And Salsal Regions But Also Frequently Traveled To Other Regions Of Somaliland In Case Of Need.
Amoud Legal Clinic objectives include:
- Access to justice and legal aid improved for individual who are in Borama prison, through profession of free legal aid assistance and representation by the legal clinic, the focuses will be on vulnerable and marginalized groups.
- The legal education of third year law students improved and broadened. The legal clinic will provide law students with a firsthand experience of the way Somaliland legal system functions.
- The knowledge of civil society toward rights of women and children and the citizens’ rights in general. Moreover, it will be conducted legal information public campaign to enhance access to justice and legal aid development.
The specific aims of the project are:
- To ensure that vulnerable persons in conflict with the law have access to advice and information about their legal rights and the opportunity to seek redress;
- To use the evidence gathered from the work of the paralegals to inform the relevant government bodies about the impact of laws and policies and to make recommendations for improvement;
- To create public awareness of human rights legal education and legal empowerment.
Purpose of the Position
The Admin and HR Manager will be expected to produce work plans and a weekly, monthly, quarterly and semi-annually as well as annually reports for Amoud legal aid clinic, and to meet other reporting requirements as and when required.
Admin and HR Personnel manager/ Duties and Responsibilities/ Terms of Reference
- Report to the Executive Director
- Responsible for oversees all administration activities/ logistics
- Ensure provision, awareness and practical advice to all staff on the Amoud legal aid Clinic policies and procedures, and their adherence to them
- Organize and participate in staff recruitment throughout the process of vacancy identification, advertisement, candidate selection, contracting, orientation and confirmation in liaison with line managers
- Be responsible for the orientation of new staff, induction and the sourcing of all staff training programs
- Coordinate clearance of staff separating from the organization including exit interviews and final dues payments
- Ensure maintenance of an effective, efficient and up to date staff records and filing system including contracts, leave, medical, awards, discipline, archiving, etc
- Ensure timely processing of the monthly payroll
- In consultation with the APSC, provide technical input and be the focal point in addressing employee relations issues including staff grievances, disciplinary measures, etc
- Plan and advise on the staff performance management and appraisal calendar and content
- Prepare periodic HR reports and planning projections for submission to Ed
- Review and approve Incentive Workers contract contents
- Responsible for the insuring the efficiency and the use of org assets
- Supervise, appraise and offer guidance to the admin assistant
- Operate with autonomous, collaborative teams who fully master their own work,tools and corresponding processes.
- Develop, implement, support, and review all Human Resource Department initiatives, policies, procedures, and systems.
- Manage the recruitment process of staff, including generating job descriptions, posting advertisements, and managing the hiring process.
- Plan quarterly and annual performance review sessions.
- Implement training and development plans of our company and clients
- Monitor budgets by department
- Administrative duties, including upkeep of employee records (attendance reports, etc
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Educational level required: Degree in human resource Man agent, administrations
- Certificate or Associate Degree in Business, HR Management, Administration or related field required.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- BA or BS preferred in HR Administration, Business Administration
- 2-3 years HR or Office Management experience
- Ability to articulate in written and spoken English fluently;
- Ability to present data graphic logic in a clear and coherent manner;
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 10% Domestic/ travel is required.
- On call: Immediately
How to Apply
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.