Position: Balatweyn SFP Nurse
Duty Station: Buundaweyne Clinic Beledweyne
Reports to: Health centre Head nurse
Number of Positions: 1
The Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) is an independent, non-political humanitarian organization that was founded in April 1963 and was established with presidential decree No. 187 in 1965. It was then recognized by the ICRC in 1969 and in the same year became a member of the International Federation of the Red Cross and the Red Crescent societies.
The Somali Red Crescent Society is currently looking for a qualified candidate to fill the vacant position of Jowhar Branch Health Officer.
Roles and Responsibilities of this Position:
- Conduct health screenings of children to detect conditions of Acute malnutrition
- Perform daily nursing tasks required in the daily care for children with Moderate acute malnutrition, which includes administration of drugs, supplementary feed preparation and monitoring of vital signs
- Provide health and nutrition education to mothers on hand hygiene, cleanliness, waste disposal and other effective practices relevant for safety and infection prevention
- Conduct home visits and follow-up discharged patients and provide continuity of care
- Evaluate Nutrition outcomes on MAM cases and prepare individualized reports
- Raise requisitions for replenishment of drugs, consumable supplies and SAM therapeutic feeds Compile accurate data on all SFP cases and prepare monthly reports
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of the OPD health programme line with strategic priorities
- Identify capacity-building needs of the auxiliary and volunteer nursing team and ensure they are properly trained and well supported to implement programme activities
- Participate in emergency preparedness, rapid assessments and emergency responses
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing, Public health, Nutrition
- At least 3 years experience in similar or related post ( CMAM IMAM)
- Excellent proficiency in English both writing and speaking.
- Familiar with the situations in the context and able to observe
- High commitment and ability to work under pressure
- Posses sharp problem solving skills and ethical behavior
Interested qualified candidates are encouraged to send their C.V with cover letter, copy of their certificates and 3 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 3rdFebruary 2020