Auxiliary Nurse (6 Positions) – Buurdhuubo
Human Development Concern (HDC) was established in 2005 as a local humanitarian organization dedicated to providing interventions through humanitarian and development initiatives in Somalia.
HDC is going to support integrated health and WASH activities in Buurdhubo District Gedo region, the project will focus and give more attention to static facilities around IDPs settlements and Mobile sites and also support the WASH facilities in the district. The health services will include routine and campaign immunization to under 5 children and Women of childbearing age (WCBA); Provision of antenatal and post-natal care to pregnant and lactating mothers; safe delivery services for the pregnant mothers; Treatment and control of communicable diseases targeting community members, Provision of basic lifesaving medical services to sick patients including AWD/Cholera patients; Identify and refer patients with severe medical cases that requires admission at secondary health facilities after providing first aid services; Promote the adoption of good hygiene and sanitation practices to the affected communities; Identify and assist in the training of community volunteers on health promotion and education; Organize community sensitization and mobilization sessions at facility and outreach level of the affected areas; Support distribution of hygiene kits, provision of adapted sanitation infrastructures and related hygiene promotion; Install twin latrines and handwashing facilities for all the latrines to improve on sanitation facilities and conduct hygiene promotion campaigns focusing on handwashing.
VACANT POSITION: Auxiliary Nurse (6 Positions)
Contract duration: Six Months
Duty Location: Buurdhubo, Gedo, Somalia
Starting Date: May 2020
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist perform procedure such as monitoring blood pressure, taking temperatures, monitoring weight, administering medication to patients;
- Administrative duties, including taking notes and ensuring that patient records are accurate and up to date;
- Assist in administering treatment to the patients;
- Conducting health checks on patients
- Ensuring medical equipment is sterilised
- Restocking consulting rooms;
- Planning and implementing nursing care interventions based on patients’ health needs;
- Monitoring and administering medication and intravenous infusions to prescribed patients
- Any duty as may be assigned from time to time
· Certificate or Diploma in Nursing
· Relevant certifications and training in nursing.
At least two years of professional work experience as an auxiliary nurse.
Nurse in charge
How to apply
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications (most updated CV and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org, by or before 8 May 2020 with the subject line clearly indicating the position you are applying for. Please attach documents while sending your applications.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted