Area Manager- Puntland
Purpose of the position:
The position holder will serve as a liaison for World Vision with governments, local communities, UN and NGOs to promote coordination and information-sharing. He/she will work closely with the technical specialists in seeking out influencing opportunities to promote child well-being.
The incumbent will:
- Supervise project managers and coordinators to ensure that World Vision programs are fully implemented in a timely manner.
- Ensure operational effectiveness by following up on the implementation of action plans arising from meetings and project visits.
- Provide programmatic and operational support to emergency start-ups in terms of assessments, training, and roll-out of emergency programs.
- Facilitate the implementation of programme quality standards in line with provided guidelines to ensure accountability of results to beneficiaries, government, donors and World Vision.
- Ensure the provision of risk-sensitive, pro-active, finance and support services to the program. The incumbent will spearhead responsible and effective stewardship (prudent use) of WV resources.
- Ensure operational effectiveness
- Stakeholder Engagement and donor communications
- Humanitarian Emergency Affairs coordination, response and start up activities
- Staff management and capacity building
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or Development Studies
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in Relief and Development work with at least 3years in project management.
- Knowledge of humanitarian industry including SPHERE standards, Good Enough Guide, NGO code of conduct and humanitarian charter
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal and diplomatic skills, able to negotiate win-win situations, put the stakeholders’ needs above his/her own, and drive for results which are best for the program while honoring each person’s abilities and strengths
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and Somali
- Work environment: Office-based with domestic travel up to 50% of the time.
Kindly note: All academic certificates will be verified with the issuing academic institution.
World Vision adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.