IBS Bank is a sharia compliant commercial bank licensed by the Central Bank of Somalia. The Bank’s mission is to be a trans-formative financial solutions provider for a better society, and has a vision to be the leading and innovative international Islamic Financial Institution (IFI). As a peoples’ bank, it positions itself as an attractive place to work in.
THE POSITION: Applications Support administrator
The IBS bank requires to fill for the Position of Applications Support administrator.
Position: Applications Support administrator.
Job type: Full time
Duties and responsibilities
- Keeps up to date with the assigned Banking Systems architectural components, transaction processing workflow at the components, front-end functionality and back-end objects.
- Performs assigned Banking System parameterization requests raised by authorized personnel according to company policy & procedures as well as a periodic parameterization changes like calendar, financial periods
- Investigate user/system problems by performing a root cause analysis, verifying by test case scenarios and collecting required data/log information to be sent to the Vendor for resolution.
- Registers issues in the Vendor’s help-desk system by providing detailed information (error screenshots, table rows and logs from required sources) about an issue. Further track of open issues by timely acting on a Vendor’s requests.
- Organizes thorough verification /tests of a sent by Vendor solutions in UAT /DEV environments before deploying to production i.e. interface creation.
- Ensures all assigned Banking System’s production and test environments data integrity and proper functioning.
- Ensures that all Core Banking System related processes (End of Day, Beginning of Day, etc) are smoothly done.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Assists ICT manager in creating of backup and replication policies for all Assigned Banking System and databases.
Qualification and skills sought
- Bachelor Degree in IT and computer Science related preferably from a recognized university will be desired, or its equivalent with at least 2 years’ experience in IT
- Good command of English language
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in IT and Applications Support administrator experience
- IT proficiency will be an added advantage
- Good command of English and Somali languages
Competency and Personal attributes
- Team work – Commitment and ability to work with and in cross functional and virtual teams with the Business Units, coupled with ability for straight talking
- Communication – Effectively and concisely communicate key issues and ideas through correspondences and verbally without supervision. Interface with various departments effectively to ensure timely delivery of MI in agreement with SLAs in place
- Innovation–Generate new efficient processes and create appealing and cutting edge analysis
- Time management & planning – Ability to juggle priorities, multi- task and execute at speed individually and as part of a team
If you believe you meet the above specifications, send your application letter and curriculum vitae mentioning your current/last work with copies of your credentials before 25 December 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org