AME DATABASE ASSISTANT_HARGEISA
|19/02/2021||ACTEDHR Department||Last Update February 2021|
Position: AME Assistant (Database)
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
The AME Assistant (Database) provides support maintaining and upgrading the central and project-specific databases, conducting data analysis, and supporting the design of various database tools.
The main objective of this role is to support creating and maintaining appropriate databases for all projects, in line with ACTED AME guidelines; and Provide accurate, reliable and insightful data analysis as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Database Management System Implementation
- Perform data cleaning when needed; Liaise with field staff regarding missing data, eventual mistakes, data discrepancies and/or inconsistencies;
- Ensure proper filing of hard and soft copies of survey questionnaires, lists of beneficiaries or other data collection tools or documents;
- Ensure all data is entered and updated in the databases and tables;
- Check the quality of the data submitted by field staff;
- Implement proper backup, restore, data validation, and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability;
- Ensure databases align with data protection and confidentiality principles.
- Verify the accuracy of the data collected during assessments;
- Clean data collected during assessments and flag any issues to the relevant departments;
- Extract queries, figures, and reports from the database;
- Generate data visualization such as charts, graphs, tables to be included in communication tools, reports, assessments and any other documents as per needs;
- In collaboration with the AME Officer, provide data analysis of projects’ activities and assessment data;
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labours).
- Bachelor Degree in IT, Computer Studies, Statistics or any other relevant degree.
- 2-3 years of similar experience.
- Ability to operate Microsoft Word Excel Access and data visualization and analysis software. Knowledge in Access and VBA programming will be an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build trust and develop and maintain effective work relationships with sensitivity and respect for diversity and inclusive participation.
- Ability to foster teamwork and active communication.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English required.
Qualified national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a Single document. i.e. the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second pate, detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on 04th March, 2021, with the Subject line ‘AME ASSISTANT_HARGEISA’. Please don’t attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.