ADVERTISEMENT FINANCE & ADMIN OFFICER: KISMAYO
ACTED Kenya/Somalia HR Department
Last Update January 2020
Position: Finance and Administration Officer
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. ACTED’s staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the below position in Kismayo.
This position will require the individual to perform transparent and efficient logistic, financial, administration and security management for ACTED programmes in Kismayo,
Duties and Responsibilities
· Supervise and report on the financial flow (cash forecast) required in the office
· Send the cash flow needs cashbook & cashbox and reconciliation on a monthly basis to Hargeisa.
· Ensure proper documentation for all payments, efficient reporting of the balances and on-going debts to the Hargeisa office.
· Responsible for the monthly accounting cash books according to ACTED standard through Excel/SAGA.
· Send on a monthly basis the documentation in order to the capital office with the cashier’s help.
· Responsible for cross-checking allocations as per signed purchase orders; reallocations whenever approved;
· Submit administrative and financial inputs to the Project Manager/Officer for the weekly meeting.
· Supervise and support the cashier on the accounting and cash management
· Follow-up the implementation of ACTED HR procedures at the base level and ensure that memo is well communicated to all employees of the bases.
· Ensure that all contracts are signed by new employee and all documentation is sent to the Hargeisa offices.
· Ensure valid contracts of staff at the base level are kept up to date
· Maintain a control and check system of the attendance all staff at the base level and ensure updated Leave Follow Up and the attendance sheets are sent to the Hargeisa office.
· Ensure to send the entire leave request forms for the staff at base level to Hargeisa HR.
· Organize staff induction, management of appraisals with the line managers at the base level.
· Control and supervise the filing of staff personal folders.
· Any other duty that is in line with the position.
· Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Logistics, Business Administration, Human Resource or a related field.
· A minimum of three years’ relevant experience, preferably in a similar position in an NGO.
· Deep and clear understanding of humanitarian principles and activities.
· Sound understanding/experience in financial processing and management
· Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
· Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels.
· Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
· High level of integrity and honesty.
· Fluency in Somali and English language is a must
How to Apply
Qualified Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on 07th February, 2020 with the subject line “Finance & Admin Officer – Kismayo”
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.