|ADVANCED ICT TRAINER – JOB DESCRIPTION|
The International Trade Centre (ITC) agency of the World Trade Organization (WTO) and Shaqodoon have joined forces to launching the Refugee Employment & Skills Initiative (RESI) in Hargeisa, Somaliland funded by the Government of Japan.
The Refugee Employment & Skills Initiative (RESI) deploys innovative ways to address livelihoods development in protracted humanitarian situations. The RESI method harnesses productive potential and works towards building market connections for the benefit of refugees and local communities for shared growth. Central to RESI’s approach is its two-fold intervention; the project works promoting the development of commercially valuable skills for refugees and host communities alike while supporting local small and medium size enterprises (SMEs) – social businesses in particular – in creating value and employment in the host countries through increased national, regional and international business.
Shaqodoon is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) trainer with advanced IT skills, both hardware and software. The ideal trainer will have at least 5 years’ proven experience in the field and with highly creative profile.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering training programmers to students either in a group classroom setting or in a one to one basis.
- Recommend where required on existing curriculums.
- Adapt existing curriculums and customize it to the meet the learners needs.
- Supporting and coaching students throughout using self-learning packages.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the training and course outcomes and giving feedback to the Project Manager.
- Regularly document the activities including through attendance sheets, photos and impact stories.
- Taking responsibility for maintenances of hardware and software used for training purposes and recommending repairs and upgrades to the programme coordinator where appropriate.
- Keeping up to date with the latest technology and trends especially those that are relevant program’s needs.
- Deliver and facilitate training, coaching and mentoring that encourages accelerated learning and results in new knowledge and skills applied into the workplace.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge
- A degree level of ICT from a recognized University with a technical Professional qualification in the relevant field of information and technology and any other relevant ICT qualifications is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in ICT or relevant fields with some being in trainings setting.
Skills and Attributes
- Person must develop rapport with students in the classroom setting.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Always maintain professional demeanor and ethics
|How to applyInterested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 12th, 2019. Kindly indicate the position title on the subject line when applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.|
Shaqodoon is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.