ELM School, the first international school in Somaliland capital, Hargeisa.
Elm School is considered to be in the same league as international private institutions in terms of education quality and status. Established in April 2007, the school has more than two thousand students.
Elm has a seal of approval for quality education, a safe conducive environment for learning as well as a qualified teaching personnel. The school is accredited by the British Accreditation Service for International Colleges and schools (ASIC) and is cleared to offer international British system of education.
JOB TITLE: Administrator
Job Purpose: The primary purpose of this position at ELM School is to serve as the instructional and climate leader of the school and, as such, be responsible for the organization and supervision of the school’s educational program, operation of the school facility, participation in staff and student activities, and establishment of effective community relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain an effective culturally competent learning climate in the school
- Provide leadership in the development of the instructional program, based upon current research on effective primary schools
- Evaluate and revise curricular and instructional programs in cooperation with the school Director. n
- Facilitate communication between staff, students and parents for the purpose of evaluating situations, solving problems and/or resolving conflicts
- Communicate with staff to assure instructional programs meet student needs and district requirements
- Administer the school and its instructional program in all its facets
- Assist in supervising all support services, including custodial, maintenance, security, food canteen
- Assist the guidance program to enhance individual student educational growth and development
- Supervise and assist the school head teacher
- Evaluate staff according to procedures and timelines outlined.
- Supervise, administer, and allocate the building’s financial budget and make decisions for its use
- Assure proper management, maintenance and inventory of materials, equipment, buildings, and grounds
- Institute a uniform discipline policy and develop a set of practices for student behavior
- Utilize all resources of the school and the community in developing the most effective educational system
- Develop and provide in-service programs for the staff’s professional development and growth
- Initiate, design, and implement programs to meet specific needs of the school and its students
- Promote a positive, caring climate for learning; deal sensitively and fairly with persons from diverse cultural backgrounds; and communicate effectively with students, staff and parents
- Participate in professional growth to improve skills related to current and future job assignment
- Relate to students with respect while carrying out a positive and effective discipline policy
- Develop school plans and organizational procedures for the health, safety, discipline, and conduct of students as established by district policies and procedures
- Ensure that all school activities are adequately planned and supervised
- Prepare and supervise the preparation of reports, records, lists, and all other paperwork required or appropriate to the school’s administration
- Other duties as assigned
- Plan new employee orientation activities at the building level
- Attend regularly scheduled School Board meetings as needed
- Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
Skills to facilitate goal setting for instructional improvement. Skill in the development and implementation of programs to assist employees in successfully reaching personal and professional goals. Demonstrated effective, interpersonal relationship skills in working with students, parents, teachers, support staff and administrators, as well as business and community groups. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including effective facilitation of meetings. Exhibit high level of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
Knowledge of current research and best practices being used in primary schools, and skill in discussing problems of mutual interest with others in the field of school improvement and in performance-based educational programs.
Abilities to serve as a leader-coach to building level administrators and to develop collaborative consensus-building in groups; to maximize resources to achieve results and build programs.
Abilities to sit for prolonged periods, perform a variety of specialized and responsible tasks, maintain accurate records, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, other school personnel; meet schedules and deadlines. Prompt and regular attendance.
- Experience Required Five (5) years experience
- Educations: Bachelor degree in Education Administration
- Report to: The Director
How to Apply:
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should submit their application through email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Administrator” by Thursday 14 November 2019. Female Candidates are strongly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- A detailed CV and Covering Letter to explain the experience you have gained that makes you believe that you are the most qualified candidate for the role.
- One page that contains your current salary and expected salary, list of minimum three professional references with current addresses and phone numbers.