Mogadishu, Somalia, Norwegian Refugee Council
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on WebCruiter.
Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC has been active in Somalia since 2004 with four area oﬃces in Kismayu, Mogadishu, Garowe and Hargeisa, providing protection and humanitarian assistance to refugees, internally displaced persons and returnees in Somaliland, Puntland, South Central and Jubbaland regions.
NRC offers a comprehensive response for returnees and IDPs of high need, addressing their food security, livelihood, shelter, education, ICLA, and water, hygiene and sanitation needs and also responding to emergencies through NRC’s five core competences; Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA).
The Administration Assistant will assist in the day to day implementation of the Admin function responsibilities.
WORKING AT NRC
We are looking for people who are passionate about helping refugees and people forced to flee.
Are you one of those people? If you are, the Norwegian Refugee Council offers you the opportunity to:
Do demanding and professional work:
NRC is focused on quality. In the field, we work hard to solve challenges in demanding environments, often in hard-to-reach areas. We work professionally, with respect for all and focus on safety and teamwork. You will learn fast in a professional setting.
Join a work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility:
At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
Be part of a welcoming and supportive community committed to human dignity:
We are a team of more than 14,000 humanitarians from all backgrounds, perspectives and ages. You will meet friendly, positive and collaborative colleagues. We nurture a conscious and respectful workplace and look beyond differences in culture, religion, race or gender. We are dedicated to improving the lives and rights of displaced people, whether we work in the field or in the Head Oﬃce. We welcome you to a global community of humanitarians, colleagues and friends.
|Employer:||Norwegian Refugee||Employment …||Contract|
|Title:||Administration Assistant||Webcruiter ID:||4173058872|
|– Country Oﬃce|
|Social sharing :|
|Duties and responsibilities|
Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action Ensure that the telephone bills, electricity and water bills are paid on time
Requisition, receive, record, distribute and maintain adequate inventory of oﬃce and guesthouse supplies and consumables
Receive visitors and direct them accordingly
Prepare and develop status reports as required by management Ensure proper filing of documents
Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
Maintain an appropriate filing, retrieval and archiving system for the Oﬃce administration section Arrange for internal/external conferences and workshops
- Ensure that the NRC oﬃce is in compliance with all administrative legal requirements i.e. taxes, government registrations and licenses in the area of operation
- Ensure order and cleanliness of the oﬃce/guesthouse
- Be the focal contact for BRCiS CMU meetings/ workshop/ trainings as per the organization policy. Support the CMU staff with organization of meetings, workshops, conferences and trainings upon oﬃcial request & approval from requesting staff.
- Consistently updating the contact list for all consortium members/ committees. Share updated list with CMU and consortium members, upon changes.
- Keep the consortium informed about all administrative issues of relevance.
- Support and suggest tools to aid in planning & monitoring of CMU staff travel requests.
- Raising purchase requests (PRs) for admin related procurements/ services for the CMU as per written request from staff. Then follow up with NRC Somalia procurement team for timely procurement, deliveries and billing/ invoicing.
- With the help of Admin/HR oﬃcer supervise the daily work of cleaners, cleaners and guards File administrative documents according to procedures
- Supervise the maintenance of the oﬃce and the oﬃce compound in collaboration with the Admin oﬃcer and logistics department.
- Oversee the maintenance and cleanliness in all oﬃce interiors and advise the cleaners accordingly. Assist in making travel arrangements, booking of flights and hotel accommodation for visitors;
- Arrange for staff and visitor’s visas, flight bookings, transport and accommodations
- Receive and reconcile all flight and accommodation invoices and process payment for all invoices Ensure that the telephone bills, electricity and water bills are paid on time
- Requisition, receive, record, distribute and maintain adequate inventory of oﬃce and guesthouse supplies and consumables
- Booking of all UN and commercial flights for staff
- Assign, supervise and appraise the work of Cleaners and Cooks.
- Perform any other duties assigned by line manager and head of department
- Diploma in Business Administration or any related training.
- Experience from working as a Support Function Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Basic Computer skills in MS Oﬃce Word and Excel, and Internet. Good command of English language
- Good oral and written communication skills Good interpersonal skill
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity Team player
- Proactive and reliable
- Presentable, friendly and patient Attention to detail
- Ability to plan and coordinate
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
We can offer
- The Norwegian Refugee Council strives to provide safe working conditions, valuable employee benefits and opportunities for learning and development – all in a collaborative environment.
- Contract period: 12 months with the possibility of extension.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
- Duty station: Mogadishu, with frequent travel to field oﬃces
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct
and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ul mate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communies
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting onand advocating for people displaced within their own country.