Vacancy announcement for Accountant with Transparency Solutions
|Payment||Negotiable based on experience|
|Hours and days of work||Full-time- six days working per week|
|Period of appointment||One year with possibility of extension|
|Job ID||TS001- Accountant|
|Start date||As soon as possible|
About Transparency Solutions (TS)
Transparency Solutions is a Somali business run by social entrepreneurs who are passionate about delivering social development through high quality knowledge-based services in research, training, strategy and project management in all sectors. We have been awarded formal Strategic Partner status by the world class University of Bristol. Our Somali First initiative with the University of Bristol is doing pioneering work to promote Somali-led development.
TS is looking for a competitive accountant who will be responsible for all TS accountant duties under the supervision of the Director of Operations. The accountant will be responsible all clients, partners, and TS SMT financial reporting.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Document the financial transactions using QuickBooks.
- Prepare financial reports and take financial actions.
- Provide financial information to management by analyzing accounting data; prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Prepare overall company’s budget and project-based budgets.
- Prepare projects reports for clients and funders.
- Properly keep and maintain company’s soft and hard financial records. Responsible in keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and following company’s financial policies and procedures.
- Guide and supervise the assisting staff of the department by providing the required mentor and support.
- Ensure the adherence of internal control by confirming the right authorization before any payment is being processed.
- Prepare payments after verifying the availability of the supporting documents.
- Familiarize and answer any queries regarding the company’ financial procedure and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Monitor the completeness, accuracy and reasonableness of bills and purchase requests based on established procedures and generally accepted accounting principles;
- Ensure effective management of petty cash and prepare reconciliation report.
This job description reflects the core activities of the post and as the accountant is dynamic the post-holder may be inevitably asked to do some other accountant and finance related duties. It is expected that the post-holder recognizes this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
Channel of reporting and team work:
The Accountant shall report directly to the Director of Operations.
Work with the administration team members to help ensure all requirements and TS standers are met:
Collaborate with colleagues of other departments and relevant organization’s and clients if required.
Qualification and professional experience requirements:
- Completions of bachelor Degree in Business Administration or Accounting is must.
- Masters degree in business administration, economics or financial management, will be an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali.
- Proven track record of experience in Budgets and financial reports preparing.
- Experience in using accountant software (e.g. QuickBooks) and Excel spreadsheet.
- A minimum of four years professional experience in Accountant
Personal characteristics and special requirements
- Good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with people from different professional and national backgrounds;
- Experience in demonstrating the ability to engage effectively with TS wider team.
- A desire and capacity to communicate effectively with, and influence wider TS, Partners, clients and policy communities;
- Be highly motivated, enthusiastic and well organized and able to work to tight deadlines.
- You may be required to work irregular hours in accordance with the needs of the role;
Information of a confidential nature must be kept strictly confidential and should never be disclosed either inside or outside work.
Please send your CV and CoverLetter with three professional references with full contact details as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject line of Job ID (Refer to above).
Deadline of application: 22/03/2020 at 11:59 EAT.
We very much regret that due to limited resources, we are usually only able to inform shortlisted candidates of the outcome of their application.
If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If therefore, your application is not successful, we hope that you will not be discouraged and will still apply for other suitable vacancies with us as and when they are advertised.
Transparency Solutions is an equal opportunity employer