Accountability Assistant – Mogadishu– Somali-National only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
To support the delivery of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) strategy, policy and practice by helping design programme monitoring systems, support the MEAL staff in their analysis and dissemination of CRM data, and coordinate CRM information management and reporting systems. You will also support the MEAL Officer in hiring and supervising enumerators, you will be responsibilities for proactive call data quality checks, the post holder will manage and follow up enumerator payments, you will also manage taps/smart phone for data collection.
Your support in the delivery of an effective Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning function will play a key role in the expansion and improvement of the quality of Save the Children programmes in to increase impact and enable positive change for children
Reports to: Area MEAL manager
Dimensions: Save the Children has been working in Somalia for more than 60 years. The Area Office has over 280 staff across 7 field offices (Mogadishu, Beletweyne, Adaado, Abudwak, Baidoa, Kismayo, and Dhobley). The Area Office coordination and administration is base in Mogadishu. The Southern States Area Office manages over 30 active awards with portfolio of US$ 40 million from a range of governmental/institutional donors, including DFID, ECHO, EU, FFP, OFDA, and DANIDA. Save the Children in Southern States implements projects in Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Child Protection and Child Rights Governance.
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
- Background of implementing effective M&E systems and/or accountability mechanisms in both humanitarian and developmental responses. Demonstrable track-record in data tracking, with the ability to support staff and partners on M&E methodology and analyse and disseminate information to a range of stakeholder audiences;
- Computer literacy, particularly in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; knowledge of other data
- analysis software such STATA, SPSS, etc, will be an added value
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in English, with experience working in multicultural, multi location, values driven teams;
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments;
- Commitment to Save the Children values
University degree in social sciences, economy, statistics, social work, social administration, development studies, information technology or other relevant academic discipline;
Background of implementing effective M&E systems
Condition the candidate must be fluent in both May and maxaatiri
- NB: female candidates are highly encouraged
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Application will be close on 30th March 2020.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
How to Apply: