Positions: 2 Civil Engineers & 1 Architect
The tasks would involve the following but not limited to:
- Translate documents
- Collate feedback and prepare consultation/assessment reports
- Perform and Coordinate the structural design works and submissions
- Assist in preparing design briefs and design reports that address specific clients and stakeholder requirements and specifications as and when necessary.
- Translate technical documents (including but not limited to briefs, drawings, specifications, reports and bills of quantity) from English to French and vice versa.
- Assist in preparing comprehensive design documentation, specifications, bar bending schedules and other project documents to meet the required quality and detailing.
- Work closely with other Architects, Engineers and Quantity Surveyors in the planning of projects, scheduling of tasks and developing an integrated design.
- Assist in ensuring the documents prepared meet the quality standard requirements.
- Responsible for timely delivery of the expected outputs for review by Design Unit Manager.
- Carry out structural design of services for projects according to the client’s design requirement and as per applicable international standards and codes of practices.
- Strong ability in producing structural bill of quantities of the projects proposed.
- Assist in monitoring delivery of services design documents. Highlight possible none or late delivery prior to the event.
- Carry out structural site inspections and assessments as required.
- Assist in the development of specifications, procedures and QA/QC protocols when required.
- Proactively assist the Technical Unit Manager in managing the design projects, ensuring that they meet the high standards expected by the organizations, while delivering the program within its time and budget constraints.
- Liaise with international clients and address requirements when required.
- Assist in coordinating the works and submissions with all other disciplines; Architectural and Service design Engineers and Quantity Surveyors.
- Carry out research and identify appropriate technologies/techniques/designs that can be incorporated in the project design.
- Assist in carrying out technical reviews as appropriate.
- Assist in reviewing and certifying Structural design documentation as a third party independent body when required.
- Assist in coordinating the team effort to complete any task as would be required and appropriate if assigned.
- Final Product Assist in ensuring high project design and construction quality, observing all local/international and UN standards applicable; and all relevant health and safety procedures.
Bachelor Degree in Architecture / Civil & Structural Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Civil & Structural Engineering/ Architectural Design and implementation is required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working on Civil & Structural Engineering projects in Somali is required.
- Experience working on international/local projects in conflict/disaster prone areas will be an added advantage.
- Experience working in Dhuusamrreeb District will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and spoken English is required.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight 5thOctober 2019 EAT time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you meet the above requirements, Please send your CV with Cover Letter and certificates to: email@example.com Latest 5Th October 2019
The company was established in 1999 to offer Civil engineering; logistics and construction solutions in a region that was experiencing great rebuild after long periods of civil war, which caused wanton destruction.
As the company seeks new engineering horizons, we combine modern engineering standards and good quality concentrating on value, as opposed to price. We view every contract as a collaboration with our client, with suppliers and sub-contractors too.
Our company is dedicated to providing solutions to customers who are looking for a “local solution” with a “global outlook”. We are committed complying with best practice in all of our services.
Horn Engineering Services (HES) is proud of committing itself in providing satisfactory services to clients with experience and capability to meet your most demanding requirements. We always believe to provide high-quality customer-focused services. We do this to achieve our objective “…To become the best engineering designers, planners, consultants, constructors & contracting company complying with the worldwide standards and challenges to bring success to society by adding values through engineering…”
The Core Values
- Project management
- Good Governance
- Sound Construction Experience
- Successful empowerment
- Open mindedness