Description of task
Under the supervision of Strategic Security/Maritime Adviser, and reporting to the Maritime Officer within the Integrated Security Sector Reform Section, the UN Volunteer will support Maritime security capacity building, with specific focus on the following areas of engagement:
- International Maritime legislation to support the development of appropriate structures and systems as part of Somalia’s state building process, with specific reference to maritime security forces and maritime administrations.
- Maritime Security Strategy, including coastal security architecture.
- Development of project proposals to international partners to support development of maritime security and blue economy related institutions.
- Information sharing and Maritime Domain Awareness
- UN maritime thematic issues relating to the Sustainable Development Goals
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent Education – Additional Comments:
Degree in areas realted to maritime law, security or defence
Required experience: 60 Months Experience remark:
Having served in administrative or operational capacities in maritime institutions, organisations, defence establishments or academia
Strong working knowledge of MS Office
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Other security and protective services experience, Disarmament, demobilization and reintegration (DDR), arms control, armed forces Area of expertise details:
Security and protective services
Driving license: Yes
Competencies values: Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Planning and Organizing, Working in Teams
How to Apply
The Application will be through the website of the agency, to visit the website click here: https://www.unv.org//calls/SOMR000493-5841